• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Manga Entertainment-Upcoming Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
Are they ever going to release volume 5, the last volume, of Tactics?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quote
I would have never knew they were still in business. Do they even license stuff anymore?
kikuchifan34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Noir wrote:

Yes... and no...

If you're trying to find Volume 5 of Tactics, by itself, you're not going to find it in ANY store.

Yet Volume 5 does exist-in certain places only. You might want to sit down for this.

Currently... certain Suncoast/FYE/Saturday Matinee stores have Volume 5 of Tactics... but there is a BIG catch to it. It's only available in a 'exclusive' Tactics BOXSET sold in Suncoast/FYE/Saturday Matinee stores. This means that you won't find it at Best Buy, TRSI, anywhere... only Trans World Entertainment owned stores. This boxset has all five volumes of the series... all for $50. At the moment... this is the only way you can get volume 5. The final volume had been delayed since June... and it's only recently popped up...not in way those of us who brought Volumes 1-4 want it to be...

I just finished writing a letter (esp to Manga) regarding this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's angry about this...
Kitsune05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
kikuchifan34 wrote:
Elfen Noir wrote:

Yes... and no...

If you're trying to find Volume 5 of Tactics, by itself, you're not going to find it in ANY store.

Yet Volume 5 does exist-in certain places only. You might want to sit down for this.

Currently... certain Suncoast/FYE/Saturday Matinee stores have Volume 5 of Tactics... but there is a BIG catch to it. It's only available in a 'exclusive' Tactics BOXSET sold in Suncoast/FYE/Saturday Matinee stores. This means that you won't find it at Best Buy, TRSI, anywhere... only Trans World Entertainment owned stores. This boxset has all five volumes of the series... all for $50. At the moment... this is the only way you can get volume 5. The final volume had been delayed since June... and it's only recently popped up...not in way those of us who brought Volumes 1-4 want it to be...

I just finished writing a letter (esp to Manga) regarding this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's angry about this...

Wow. I had gotten behind in my collecting of Tactics and now I find this out. Since I only have the first two, maybe U should try hunting down the set. I wonder if I'll be able to find it.

Thanks for the heads up, at least.
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for that information. That is infuriating and I have no place to purchase where I live - I guess I will be letter writing also.
Tactics was such a beautiful series, and now this! Manga is on my list now ... and not my good list!
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
The UK release is also done as two box sets with the series split in half. I believe the second half was released a couple months ago.

I ordered the 5th volume back in August 17 2006! and have been waiting over a year as well. I'm tempted on giving up and ordering the R2 version since my system handles PAL pretty well and I believe it has proper subtitles. I've been pretty disappointed in the dubtitles on the US release of Tactics, and am surprised that others haven't been vocal about this.
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I would have never knew they were still in business. Do they even license stuff anymore?

Noein and Tokko were just licensed and released at the beginning of the summer, I think. I'd imagine their deal to get their shows on Sci-Fi is probably helping the company keep kicking along.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:14 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:

Noein and Tokko were just licensed and released at the beginning of the summer, I think. I'd imagine their deal to get their shows on Sci-Fi is probably helping the company keep kicking along.

I ordered Noein 1-4 on August 17 2006 and 5 on Jul 20th, and they were shipped:
vol. 1 Oct 19
vol. 2 Jan 5
vol. 3 Apr 11
vol. 4 Jul 3
vol.5 Sep 17

So this predates Summer by most of a year.

I ordered Tokko 1 and 2 on Aug 17 and volume 3 on Jul 20 they were shipped:
vol. 1 May 22
vol. 2 Jul 3
vol. 3 Aug 6

This series was released through summer but was licensed well before it.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
Elfen Noir wrote:

Right Stuf has the date available as Dec. 12, 2012. Sad

Last edited by samuraiwalt on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
kikuchifan34 wrote:
Elfen Noir wrote:

Yes... and no...

That's the weirdest marketing strategy I've heard of. I can only get the full series of Tactics in a boxset, but for GitS Sac 2 the boxset is only /finally/ coming out after a year or so? Manga Ent. is weird heheh. It's good that they're titles are freakin' awesome though.

Thank you for the information! I'll track this set down.
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Just want to say that I found the Tactics box set (including volume 5) at Suncoast yesterday. I'm not sure about all Suncoast stores, but there it was marked down to $40 - a pretty sweet deal. I still think it's strange that you can only get it at Suncoast/SamGoody/FYE/Saturday Matinee stores =/ I wonder if they do that with other anime.

GitS: SAC: The Laughing Man movie is marked down to $20 there too.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
The 5th volume has a new release date of Feb 12th to coincide with the box set. I can't believe that is 18 months after I ordered it. It is a good thing that TRSI doesn't charge people until the item is shipped.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1