• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-OH! Zexal Premieres on Toonzai in U.S. on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Though i don't like doing this one bit , but I guess i will have to resort to start watching the fansubs online.

You could do that or...
ChibiGoku wrote:
I also think it's worth mentioning that they also plan to release the sub version of the episode on Monday, on their Toonzaki website.

kaiser11492 wrote:
isn't it interesting how 4kids decided to keep the names Yugi, Yusei, and Yuma, yet they didn't keep Judai (which became Jaden)? just shows you how inconsistent and inept 4kids is.

And this is somehow a big deal?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
You could do that or...

We don't know if 4Kids subs will be dubtitles or not like their 'uncut' DVDs.

kaiser11492 wrote:
isn't it interesting how 4kids decided to keep the names Yugi, Yusei, and Yuma, yet they didn't keep Judai (which became Jaden)? just shows you how inconsistent and inept 4kids is.

They kept Yuki, though, which conforms with the whole Yu naming scheme.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
Al Kahn is gone, so I'll give it a chance. The fact that they'll be releasing the subs online as well gives me that much more incentive.
GokaiLuna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote
Well,
I havn't watched it yet, I'm waiting
for it to appear online, but judging
from the comments, 4kids did indeed
"screw-the-pooch" yet again...

I don't care who,
but someone needs
to get uncut DVDs/Blu-rays
out there...
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Fairly common in edited dubs, actually.. it helps increase marketing value. Kind of like how Pikachu is one of the Pokemon to keep it's Japanese names (and subsequent Pichu, Plusul, Minun, and Pachirisu) the more world-wide a name can be, the better marketing it is. Yuma was pretty much the only name they keep from what I've seen so far, sort of like the original with Yugi (and Kaiba)

They also changed Mutou to Moto.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Fairly common in edited dubs, actually.. it helps increase marketing value. Kind of like how Pikachu is one of the Pokemon to keep it's Japanese names (and subsequent Pichu, Plusul, Minun, and Pachirisu) the more world-wide a name can be, the better marketing it is. Yuma was pretty much the only name they keep from what I've seen so far, sort of like the original with Yugi (and Kaiba)

They also changed Mutou to Moto.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I knew 4Sh*ts would edit Kotori despite the fact we never get to see under her skirt (didn't happen with Anzu/Tea, Asuka/Alexis, Aki/Akiza and every other girl with a miniskrt in Yugioh) closest we'll get is if she ever wears a bikini. 4craps will probably edit Gagaga Magician Girl's slightly bouncy debut and that new red haired girl for having assets to big for a 13/14 yr old.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

The subs will be the japanese version word for word minus the card names because their deal with Konami demands they keep in the US card names. The subs for Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's were very good so there's nothing to worry about.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Quote:

The subs will be the japanese version word for word minus the card names because their deal with Konami demands they keep in the US card names.

That's unfortunate. Fansubs still seems to be the only viable way then
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Al Kahn is gone, so I'll give it a chance. The fact that they'll be releasing the subs online as well gives me that much more incentive.

Dont get your hopes up. This is still 4kids. and their still using AL Kahn's way of dubing anime which sucks.

Their like freaking cockroaches. They lose licenses,money , status in the stock exchanges, even getting sued and their stilll up and running ruining any kind of anime they license.

What the hell is it doing to take to finally put the horror that is 4 crap kids 6 ft under?

I'd rather take yugioh dub from Animax Asia , if they ever do one over 4kids any day of the week and their no better than 4kids or Nelvana, which is proof how bad 4kids are.

Hopefully that lawsuit IS still going on so that

#1) their licensors can finally retake the franchise,

#2) GIVE IT TO A RESPECTFULL COMPANY , maybe like viz media, but not the sub only company Section 23/Sentai Filmworks or Media Blasters, and DEFINTELY not Nelvana, and

#3) THE LAWSUIT FINALLY MARKS THE END OF THE HORROR THAT IS 4KIDS!!!

since they were so desperate to keep the series that they were willing to file for chapter 7 and go to court just to keep the franchise.

I say the sooner 4kids goes belly under, the better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EricDent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
They put it on at a rather odd time IMO. I was kind of expecting it to be shown after classic Yu-Gi-Oh! at about 11:30, but they have it on at 9:30 instead.

Also always wondered why all the main characters of these shows have so outlandish hair styles?
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
here's the ultimate question i have for everyone. we all are in agreement that 4kids is terrible when it comes to dubbing anime right? so isn't anyone taking action or confronting 4kids head on?

4kids will not change if a bunch of anime fans criticize and complain about them. anime fans who are disgusted by 4kids should confront them by bombarding them with tons of emails and spam, or something like that. my point being is that anime fans should march towards 4kids, look them straight in the eye, and make them listen to our dissatisfaction. Only then will 4kids take the situation seriously.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
kaiser11492 wrote:
here's the ultimate question i have for everyone. we all are in agreement that 4kids is terrible when it comes to dubbing anime right? so isn't anyone taking action or confronting 4kids head on?

4kids will not change if a bunch of anime fans criticize and complain about them. anime fans who are disgusted by 4kids should confront them by bombarding them with tons of emails and spam, or something like that. my point being is that anime fans should march towards 4kids, look them straight in the eye, and make them listen to our dissatisfaction. Only then will 4kids take the situation seriously.

Good luck with that cause there's no way in hell it'll ever happen.

If that was the case then 4kids would have listen to anime fans years ago.

If they want to help anime fans,they should declare Ch 7 and go far far away, and leave anime dubbing to the professionals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Responding to Kaiser is a waste. The dude is a black hole when it comes to hope for anything in English that is anime.
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
I'm just saying that I see a lot people complaining about 4kids on forums like these. What I was thinking was to stop complaining and actually do something about it. lets get up and take action. it's worth a shot. besides, didn't anime fans manage to defeat 4kids when they were doing One Piece? If fans can pressure 4kids to leave One Piece alone, why can't it be done with Yugioh?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3