• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Manga Announces Bleach Manga Digital 'Jump Ahead' To Latest Story Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keikun16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
So, this means that the only (legal) way, at the moment, of reading the chapters in between where the print publications in the US are and the current storyline in Japan is to buy the tankouban covering those chapters? So it's just like the other Speed-Ups Viz has done in the past with One Piece, Naruto and so forth.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quote
Now when it says Print Editions forthcoming, does that mean there may potentially be a physical speed-up as well?
lys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote
According to Viz's upcoming releases on Amazon (do an advanced search with Viz as publisher, sorted by publication date), from February to June next year they'll be releasing 1 volume each month, and from July to September they'll release 2 a month (to get to v47—September is as far as the schedule goes, so if there's more catchup needed I imagine it will continue).
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
Obviously they're targeting current readers who've bridged that large gap in other ways Wink
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
According to Viz's upcoming releases on Amazon (do an advanced search with Viz as publisher, sorted by publication date), from February to June next year they'll be releasing 1 volume each month, and from July to September they'll release 2 a month (to get to v47—September is as far as the schedule goes, so if there's more catchup needed I imagine it will continue).

Sweet, Glad to hear one of my favorite Shonen is finally getting a speed-up release.

2012 will be a great year for Bleach fans

(im tempted to make an apoclypse joke out of that some how but will deny myself that pleasure as I can't think of a proper one and it would be a might silly overall to try to connect the 2.) Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1