• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michiko and Hatchin (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardz199

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I actually forgot to mention that I love tha fact that this anime is set in Brazil of all places. I find that to be a new and fresh idea in the world of anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
abynormal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I just started watching this series, and I'm really liking it. The setting alone gives it a style and atmosphere I don't think I've ever seen outside of a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop and possibly Trigun. I've seen so many series set in Tokyo or some nondescript western setting that the Brazilian locales is invigorating.

I also like that Michiko actually changes outfits. That's a sign to me that they've put a lot of thought into the series. Oh yeah, and she's smokin' and cool.

I'm three episodes in so far. I'm glad I came across it!
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
well after the long wait...

episode 11!

really great episode. I especially liked the music when Michiko was hanging onto the balloon.

spoiler[new turning point in their bond--Hatchin decides to protect Michiko (who admitted to crying in this episode!). I'm glad the duo is back together for more misadventures. While this episode was reaffirmation and even enhancement of their bond, I'm glad it was lighter fare considering last episode's physical beating and delving into the past.]

One thing I did notice is that I'm not so sure I like how Michiko's VA does "angry." When she was kicking around the boy with glasses, her VA was a little too mellow compared with her on-screen actions and facial expressions. I love the VA as normal, doesn't-give-a-crap Michiko and softer I'm-with-Bruno Michiko...but I'd like to see her get a little more expressive when Michiko is outraged.
pete1986

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching episode 11 there, have to say im starting to get into this show, but was wondering if anyone knew how long the series is like 24/25 episodes or longer?

I hope they start to explain what the significance of the[/spoiler]tattoos they both have[/spoiler]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
pete1986 wrote:
Just finished watching episode 11 there, have to say im starting to get into this show, but was wondering if anyone knew how long the series is like 24/25 episodes or longer?

I believe it's going to be 22 episodes.

As for episode 11, it is certainly one of the better episodes of the series so far, although it doesn't hold a candle to episode 7. I just wish this series were more consistent when it comes to the storytelling quality of the episodes. There have been some great episodes here and there, but the mediocre episodes outnumber them thus far thanks to the inconsistent writing. It's really a darn shame, as Sayo Yamamoto is quite the talented director.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dagger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I really like the depth to this anime, I love the fact that this is a really mature anime with a complex story.

I only hope that they'll keep Michiko alive towards the final episode. Though the future is looking pretty bleak for her when you consider that she shares quite a number of similarities to Spike (Cowboy Bebop).

Just my two cents.
Wellness

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
I've only seen two episodes of it online.

But I like enough that I am forcing myself not to watch it. I know it sounds nuts but I like the show so much, that I want to experience it dubbed and since I have faith that it will eventually be released within the next year or so I can wait. This show screams Western audience and I really do not want to spoil it for myself.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
12 was a great episode. i laughed when spoiler[Michiko was out back beating up the doctor in her robe and house shoes. the whole hallucination scene was also great.]
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote
episode 12
wow, what a drug dream of an episode. spoiler[ I felt so bad for Michiko when she saw that picture in the newspaper, though I think that if Hiroshi's really so smart he wouldn't let his picture get shown anywhere, so it's probably another false lead. Gosh, I feel like we've known these characters forever, and yet the series is only a little over half-way finished.

I kind of want the ending to work out with the three of them, but I feel that somehow it's not going to. Michiko and Hatchin are going to realize that they just need each other and that's going to be the end of it.]
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote
wizardz199 wrote:
I actually forgot to mention that I love the fact that this anime is set in Brazil of all places. I find that to be a new and fresh idea in the world of anime.

Actually, it takes place in a fictional South American country that borrows most of it's influences from Brazil. The spoiler[bullfighting in episodes 5-6 and the Mayan ruins in episode 13], among other things, are clearly not from Brazil.

This also sort of gives the writers an excuse to have the given names of most of the characters Japanese. Brazil does happen to boast the largest population of Japanese origin outside of Japan, even though Brazilians of Japanese descent make up a small percentage of the total population.

Anyways, after watching episode 13, spoiler[I was sort of looking forward to perhaps a "Atsuko e Vanessa" couple of episodes to distract us a bit from Michiko and Hatchin, but it looks we're now back Hiroshi's appearance in the newspaper. Seeing Atsuko as a rain forest park ranger gave me some good laughs.]
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I know I shouldn't laugh. In fact, I was cringing as I laughed, but poor, poor Marmalade...that monkey didn't deserve it. And neither did the boy with the hot mom.

spoiler[A bit more background on Atsuko and Michiko. I wonder if Atsuko became a policewoman because that is the easiest way to track Michiko and it's her own twisted attempt to stay close to her friend without being overshadowed by her...except that she did make Michiko a jailbird, so I wonder what happened between them.

FIND HIROSHI. I want them to find Hiroshi.

I like the new track they have, the one that was playing when Atsuko and Michiko's-clone-oops-I-mean-Vanessa snuck into the ruins.]
Alestal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Im loving this one! Anyone else feel like it was at least inspired by Kill Bill ? At any rate, I love the music and setting. The story is slowly unfolding.

Im currently on episode 5.

EDIT.

I just finished episode 14 and this series has defenatly hit a home run with me, the action is awesome and the charisma and spunk of Michiko is something to admire spoiler[like when she rescues hana at the bullfight, Smile].

Last edited by Alestal on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
I know I shouldn't laugh. In fact, I was cringing as I laughed, but poor, poor Marmalade...that monkey didn't deserve it. And neither did the boy with the hot mom.

spoiler[A bit more background on Atsuko and Michiko. I wonder if Atsuko became a policewoman because that is the easiest way to track Michiko and it's her own twisted attempt to stay close to her friend without being overshadowed by her...except that she did make Michiko a jailbird, so I wonder what happened between them.

FIND HIROSHI. I want them to find Hiroshi.

I like the new track they have, the one that was playing when Atsuko and Michiko's-clone-oops-I-mean-Vanessa snuck into the ruins.]

actually it's not new. it also played during opening scene of the series.
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote
3 words-I love it.
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote
Did the animation seem a little off to anyone else in episode 14? Especially the way Michiko's face was drawn, I don't know it just looked... different from previous episodes.

I'm probably just crazy. Wink Either way, I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, it's far and away my favorite of the season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8