• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-10-29

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

WWKKD?, Yeah what would Koji Kabuto do?
Why not ask his son Tetsuya Kouji from Godannar, if he's not busy ogling Shizuru

Technically 'he's a Homage character to Koji Kabuto and Tetsuya Tsurugi, pilots of Mazinger Z / MazinKaiser (If you haven't watched this awesome series, What the Heck are you waiting for?!) and Great Mazinger respectively and he would have rocked hard in Godannar if the creators would have given him a better robot. Wink

I know, but I still believe Kouji is Koji Kabuto's son, and I have watched Mazinger, it's AWESOME!!

And I agree Kouji basically was out of action during the first half of the series, and he kicked some serious ass in the second half of Godannar, they should've given him a better robot, and in fact he barely got any screentime, he seriously needs his own spinoff (in fact I may write to AIC about it), Kouji is my favourite character in the whole show, in fact if I go to a con and Chris Ayers or Nobuyuki Hiyama are there, I'm cosplaying as Kouji!!
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
My impression was that Nina recognized that since this guy didn't know Mad Max was Australian that everything he just told her was nothing more than his own mad dillusion. And she was afraid to correct him or it would have caused him to go off on a rampage. Much the same as a self-professed anime expert would be.

I liked the Road Warrior better than Mad Max, mostly because it had a good adventure story, although Mad Max was a good movie.

Mad Max 3 was Hollywood trash. It was simply an attempt to cash in on the success of the Mad Max movies. They basically remade the second film but threw in a bunch of kids and some celebrity singer (although Tina Turner did a good job in the movie).

What's worse is that the changed the nature of the Apocalypse. In the first film it was environmental disaster leading to a deterioration of society that caused the tragedy--a very unique and clever concept at the time. In the third film they copped out and used the overused cliche of a nuclear war.

Now there's talk of a fourth Mad Max film. If they treat it as a sequel to the third then I'd rather not see it made.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4