Live-Action Touken Ranbu Film Reveals 1st Visual
posted on 2018-05-31 04:55 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Nitroplus and DMM Games' Touken Ranbu franchise revealed the film's first visual on Thursday. The visual features Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika.
The movie has now finished filming and is in post-production.
The film stars:
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Ryō Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Hiroaki Iwanaga (Berserk anime's Guts) as Nihongou
- Fūma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizō Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
Saiji Yakumo (live-action Mars) is directing the film, with a script by Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kakegurui). The film will open in Japan in 2019. Toho is distributing the film.
The Tōken Ranbu Online "sword personification training game" takes famous swords from Japanese history and interprets them as bishōnen. Nitroplus designed the characters and scenario. The game launched in Japan in 2015. The franchise has inspired a series of stage plays and a series of stage musicals, the Katsugeki: Touken Ranbu television anime series and an upcoming anime film, and the two Touken Ranbu Hanamaru spinoff anime series and a compilation anime film.