News Kantai Collection Anime's Staff, January 2015 Premiere Unveiled
posted on 2014-08-03 14:20 EDT
The television anime of the Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- card game will premiere next January. The staff made the announcement at the anime's first solo event, "The 1st Yokohama Naval Review Rehearsal," at the Pacifico Yokohama National Convention Hall on Sunday. The anime's official website will debut an advance promotional video on Monday.
The J-Cast News website had reported in April that the series would premiere this summer. Kadokawa Games had not announced a more specific timeframe, only that the show would premiere this summer or later.
Sumire Uesaka will star as Fubuki, Saki Fujita will star as Akagi, and Yuka Iguchi will star as Kaga.
Keizou Kusakawa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha franchise, Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?) is directing the anime of Kadokawa Games' moe-character card battle game at the studio Diomedea (Squid Girl, Problem children are coming from another world, aren't they?). Jukki Hanada (Love Live! School idol project, Steins;Gate) is in charge of the series scripts. The rest of the staff includes:
- Original Creators: DMM.com/Kadokawa Games
- Planning: Takeshi Yasuda
- Original Story Concept: Kensuke Tanaka
- Chief Production Director: Shinichiro Inoue
- Character Design/Chief Animation Directors: Naomi Ide, Mayuko Matsumoto
- Character Design Cooperation: Yoshinori Shizuma, Shibafu, Konishi
- Mechanical design: Tsutomu Miyazawa, Kōta Moroishi
- Creature Design: Tsubasa Shimizu
- Effects Director: Takashi Hashimoto
- Art Director: Maho Takahashi
- Color design: Shuji Kamimura
- Cgi Director: Eiji Inomoto
- CG Modeling Director: Hideki Kawabata
- CG Production: Orange
- Director of Photography: Yasuyuki Itou
- Editor: Yuuji Oka
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
- Sound Production: Glovision
- Music: Natsumi Kameoka
- Music Production: Flying Dog
- Production: Kan Colle Joint Fleet Headquarters
Kadokawa Games launched the original free-to-play browser game with the service provider DMM.com in April 2013. In the game, players compete with cards featuring female moe characters inspired by Japanese World War II warships such as aircraft carriers, battleships, and cruisers. Players build, organize, and repair their anthropomorphized fleet to progress through maps.
Source: MoCa News
Image © 2014 Kan Colle Joint Fleet Headquarters