Nobuhiko Okamoto, KENN, More Join High School Star Musical Anime
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The new cast is as follows:
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rui Tatsumi
- Yūma Uchida as Eigo Sawatari
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Seishirō Inumine
- KENN as Izumi Toraishi
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Akira Ugawa
The previously revealed voice cast includes:
- Natsuki Hanae as Yūta Hoshiya (middle row center)
- Kensho Ono as Tōru Nayuki (front row left)
- Arthur Lounsbery as Kaito Tsukigami (front row right)
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Shō Tengeji (middle row right)
- Tomoaki Maeno as Shū Koga (middle row left)
- Junichi Suwabe as Takashi Ōtori (back row left)
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Tsubasa Hiiragi (back row right)
The anime with an original plan by Rin Hinata is a slapstick teen comedy about high school students "who sparkle like stars." The story starts when Yūta Hoshiya enters Ayana Academy, a school focusing on show business activities, specifically music. The academy has a group of the three students with the highest grades in the musical department, and they are known as the Kao Kai (Cherry Blossom Flower Association). This organization stands at the top of the pecking order within the academy.
The shortcut to entering the musical department is to enter the Star Frame class, which is directly taught by the members, and to be recognized by them. Unfortunately, due to their own problems, students Tōru, Kaito, Shō, Shū, and Yūta are all struggling to even remain candidates for the musical department. By a stroke of luck, however, the five are spotted by Kao Kai member Ōtori, and they pique his interest.
Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko's Basketball, Prince of Tennis) is directing at C-Station (Dragonar Academy), and Sayaka Harada is in charge of the series scripts. Asami Watanabe is designing the characters. Tadako (Arashi's "Love so sweet," "Monster") is responsible for the dance sequences.