Snack World Reveals TV Anime's April 13 Premiere, Game Release Dates
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of game developer Level-5 announced on Wednesday that the television anime of its The Snack World cross-media project will premiere on TV Tokyo on April 13 at 7:25 p.m., and on BS Japan on April 15 at 6:30 a.m. Level-5 also revealed the release dates for the project's Nintendo 3DS/Android/iOS game. The Nintendo 3DS version is slated for July, while the Android/iOS version is slated for December. The game was previously slated for April for the Android/iOS version, and July for the Nintendo 3DS version.
Level-5 began streaming a promotional video for the franchise earlier this month.
The site describes the television anime:
Chup and his friends' impossible adventure finally begins!
With the evil merchant Vinegarr having taken away his hometown, Chup goes on a quest to pay him back a thousand fold. The world is a traditional fantasy setting, but many things are very modern. A comedy adventure unfolds in this casual fantasy world!
OLM Digital, Inc. is animating the series.
The "hyper casual fantasy" is set in Snack World, a seemingly traditional fantasy world — except it has convenience stores, smartphones, and other elements of the modern world. Level-5 previously streamed the project's pilot film in both Japanese and English audio in 2015, and a short film similarly debuted alongside both the 2015 and 2016 Yo-kai Watch films.
The pilot film's cast included, from top left to bottom right:
- Sachiko Hara/Ayana Taketatsu as Mayone (wordplay on mayonaise)
- Emily Reams/Megumi Han as Chup (ketchup)
- David Shaufele/Kenji Sugimura as Pepperon (pepperoni)
- Laurier Tiernan/Megumi Okada as Francene/Butako (pig/buta and tatsunoko/sea horse/dragon's child)
- Dwayne Lawler/Tadashi Miyazawa as Gobson (goblin and hobson)
- Nick/Yoshiyuki Kaneko as King Majesty/Ōsama (king)
- Jenny Skidmore/Ryoka Yuzuki as Princess Melora (melon)
- Brett Coleman/Tanuki Sugino as Vinegarr (vinegar, not pictured)
- Charles Glover/Takeshi Maruyama as Minister Gastank (not pictured)
- Laurier Tiernan/Yū Seki as Crouton (not pictured)
The Snack World is Level-5's fourth cross-media project after Inazuma Eleven, Little Battlers eXperience, and Yo-kai Watch. The project also has a manga series by Fujiminosuke Yorozuya, which launched in Shogakukan's Monthly Coro Coro Comics magazine in December.