Live-Action After the Rain Film's Video Reveals Additional Cast, May Opening
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
TOHO began streaming a teaser trailer for the live-action film adaptation of Jun Mayuzuki's Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like After the Rain) manga on Wednesday. The video reveals additional cast for the film, as well as its May 25 opening.
The additional cast includes (clockwise from top left in image above):
- Shōno Hayama as Takashi Yoshizawa, Akira's classmate who has a crush on her
- Nana Seino as Haruka Kiyan, Akira's close friend and captain of the track team
- Hayato Isomura as Ryōsuke Kase, Akira's fellow part-time worker and cook at Garden
- Honoka Matsumoto as Yui Nishida, Akira's fellow part-time worker and waitress at Garden
- Mari Hamada as Kayoko Kubo, Akira's fellow part-time worker and waitress at Garden
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Chihiro Kujō, Masami's old friend, and a novelist
- Yō Yoshida as Tomoyo Tachibana, Akira's mother
- Maika Yamamoto as Mizuki Kurata, a track star who has her sights set on Akira
The manga centers on 17-year-old high school student Akira Tachibana, a girl who barely expresses herself. She harbors a secret crush on Masami Kondō, the 45-year-old manager of the family restaurant she works at part-time.
Mayuzuki launched the manga in Shogakukan's Monthly Big Comic Spirits in 2014, before it transferred to Weekly Big Comic Spirits in early 2016, where it serializes a new chapter every other week. Shogakukan published the manga's ninth volume last November. The manga has 1.75 million copies in print.
The manga is also inspiring a television anime adaptation by Wit Studio. The anime premiered on January 11 in the Noitamina programming block on Fuji TV and other channels. The show is streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video inside and outside of Japan with the title After the Rain.
Source: Comic Natalie