King of Prism Franchise Reveals New Anime Film, 2nd Stage Play Projects
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The King of Prism spinoff franchise announced on Sunday that a new film titled King of Prism All Stars: Prism Show Best 10 will open in Japan on January 10.
The anime will star:
- Junta Terashima as Shin Ichijō
- Sōma Saitō as Yukinojō Tachibana
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Taiga Kōgami
- Taku Yashiro as Kakeru Jūōin
- Masashi Igarashi as Minato Takahashi
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Leo Saionji
- Yūma Uchida as Yū Suzuno
- Shōta Aoi as Louis Kisaragi
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Alexander Yamato
- Tomokazu Sugita as Jōji Takadanobaba
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Kōji Mihama
- Tomoaki Maeno as Hiro Hayami
- Toshiki Masuda as Kazuki Nishina
The franchise also announced on Sunday that a second stage play in the franchise, titled King of Prism -Shiny Rose Stars-, will run in Tokyo at Tokyo Dome City Hall from February 20 through March 1. Masanari Ujigawa is directing the play, Masakazu Hishida is writing the script under the alias Jō Aoba, and Rei Ishizuka is composing the music.
The previous stage play, King of Prism -Over the Sunshine!-, ran in Osaka and Tokyo in November 2017.
King of Prism is a spinoff of the Pretty Rhythm franchise. The first film in the franchise, KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm, opened in January 2016. The second film, King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO, opened in Japan in June 2017. The latest entry in the franchise is the King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars anime project, which is both a theatrical film series and a television anime. The film series screened as four films that opened in March through May. The 12-episode television anime version premiered on April 8, and Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired.