FUNimation Entertainment Highlights and Events at Katsucon 16
FUNimation® Entertainment, the foremost producer and distributor of anime in North America, will be at Katsucon at the Gaylord National Hotel and Resort in Washington, DC this weekend with news and premieres that no blizzard can prevent. Welcome to con season everyone!
Come by our booth, located at the front of the convention hall, for more information about events and exclusive items:
● Katsucon is where you need to be to see the world premiere of the English dub
of the hit anime series Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episodes 1-3 Friday in Video Room 1 at 8:30 p.m. – before they air on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim on Saturday nights at 12:00 am starting Saturday, February 13!
ADR Director Mike McFarland, the voice of Edward Elric (Vic Mignogna), and in her first convention appearance, the new voice of Alphonse Elric (Maxey Whitehead) will be in attendance. Check your program guide for the dates, times and locations of their panels and autograph sessions over the weekend.
● Katsucon will also be hosting the premieres of the movie Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone! as well as the popular series Strike Witches and Slayers Revolution.
Slayers Revolution ADR Director and voice of Xellos, Michael Sinterniklaas is also a guest of the convention. Be sure to check your program guide for information about panels and autograph signings he may be a part of!
Come by the FUNimation booth to have a chance at winning ‘Lunch on Lina’ as FUNimation will be giving away $25 gift certificates to any store or restaurant in the Gaylord National. Every DVD or Blu-ray purchase at the FUNimation booth will give you a chance to win one of these gift certificates – instantly!
● Don't miss screenings featuring films from FUNimation's Hong Kong Connection. In the mood for some martial arts and swords? Cap off your Friday night with The 14 Amazons, in Video Room 3 at 10:00 p.m. and follow that up with Saturday's Shaolin Handlock, also screening in Video Room 3 at 9:30 p.m.
● Learn a thing or two about our world or series while having a little fun!
We have two workshops on Saturday. The first is Shoot the Hostage! – An Adventure in Marketing Anime Workshop in the Workshops Room at 10:30 a.m. Ever wonder what we go through to bring you the anime you crave? Now you'll know. Second, a Strike Witches paper airplanes workshop/contest in Live Room 1 at 6:00 p.m. There will be prizes!
● FUNimation Wants You! (in the war on pants)
We will have 6 different Strike Witches paper airplanes (2 each day and only while supplies last) on hand for fans who visit the FUNimation booth. Check our YouTube video entitled Inglorius Pantsters for help with the folding of these panty plane prototypes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSc5dJqjmhY
● Get a sneak peek of the newest titles produced by us for perusal by you at the appropriately named FUNimation Sneak Peek Panel on Sunday, February 14 at in the Main Events Room at 11:00 a.m.
Then stay for our Industry Panel at 12:00 p.m. when we will share our latest news and notes. We may announce a thing or two…
● Katsucon 2010 is also the only place you can purchase early releases of select FUNimation DVD's and don't forget about exclusive gift with purchase items, such as those nifty Rin shot glasses and Spice and Wolf coins you've seen featured on the official FUNimation blog: http://blog.funimation.com.
discuss this in the forum (5 posts) |