Who's Coming to MCM London Comic Con? Special Guest Round-UpOct 17th 2013
MCM London Comic Con, the biggest event of its kind in Europe, returns to ExCel London on 25-27 October. As well as hosting a galaxy of great sci-fi, movie, games, comics, anime and cosplay content, we've also got a brilliant line up of special guests to entertain the show's 80,000 plus visitors. We're adding new guests all the time - see www.mcmcomiccon.com for the latest London Comic Con news - but here's a round-up of who's been announced so far:
- Red hot fantasy-noir show Lost Girl is coming to MCM London Comic Com, with stars Ksenia Solo (Black Swan, Life Unexpected) and Rachel Skarsten (Transporter: The Series, Birds Of Prey) plus executive producer Jay Firestone (Andromeda, La Femme Nikita).
- Stars from hit sci-fi series Warehouse 13: Kelly Hu (Arrow, X-Men 2, The Vampire Diaries); Eddie McClintock (Bones, Desperate Housewives) and actor/director Saul Rubinek (Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm).
- The stars of new crime thriller By Any Means: Warren Brown (Luther, Hollyoaks); Andrew-Lee Potts (Primeval, Alice); Shelley Conn (Terra Nova, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and Elliot Knight, who played the lead role in Sky series Sinbad.
- This year's Anime Guests of Honour are Studio WIT (Attack On Titan, Hal) - producer George Wada; Katsuhiko Kitada (character designer on Hal, animation director for Attack On Titan); Tetsuya Nakatake (animation producer for Attack On Titan) and one of the studio's rising stars, Hal director Ryotaro Makihara.
- Movie actor and comic book writer Thomas Jane (The Punisher, Boogie Nights, Bad Planet) and top cover artist Tim Bradstreet (Transmetropolitan; The Punisher; Hellblazer) are attending MCM London Comic Con to promote comic book company RAW Studios. Thomas Jane will also be presenting the movie short Punisher: Dirty Laundry.
- Lucas Bryant and Emily Rose, protagonists of sci-fi show Haven. Well known for her lead role in the critically-acclaimed Uncharted games, Emily will be making her first MCM appearance, while Lucas is already a fan favourite at the show.
- London Comic Con is bringing Batman and The Joker together! Roger Craig Smith, who plays Batman in much-anticipated videogame Batman: Arkham Origins, and Troy Baker, who plays his archenemy The Joker, are both special guests at the show.
- Samantha Mathis, Colin Ford and Mackenzie Lintz from new sci-fi drama Under The Dome. Samantha (American Psycho, Grey's Anatomy) plays psychiatrist Alice Calvert, Colin (Supernatural, We Bought A Zoo) plays Joe McAlister, a teen whose parents are outside of the dome, while Mackenzie (The Hunger Games) plays his girlfriend Norrie Calvert-Hill.
- One of only two actors to appear in both Stargate and spin-off series Stargate SG-1, Alexis Cruz played Skaara, son of Abydonian leader Kasuf and Daniel Jackson's brother-in-law.
- As well as presenting their biggest ever games line-up, Namco Bandai are bringing games producers Hideo Baba (Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles), Hiroshi Matsuyama (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle), Kunio Hashimoto (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z) and Ryo Mito (Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers) to the show, along with Andi Ewington, Rob Williams and Simon Coleby, creators of the Dark Souls II: Into The Light comic book.
Primeval stars Andrew-Lee Potts and Hannah Spearitt. Andrew played palaeontology student Connor Temple in both Primeval and Primeval: New World, while Hannah joined the show as Abby Maitland in 2006, following a glittering pop career in S Club 7.
- Cast and crew from award-winning teen horror drama Young Dracula, including Sydney Rae White (Erin Noble); Simon Ludders (Renfield); Clare Thomas (Ingrid Dracula); Richard Southgate (Malik Dracula) and series producer Candida Julian-Jones.
- Elias Toufexis is best known to gamers for roles in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Splinter Cell: Conviction, I Am Alive and the Assassin's Creed series. Elias has also appeared in TV shows such as Smallville, Supernatural, Eureka, Stargate Atlantis and Dead Like Me.
- Yuri Lowenthal's many anime credits include Naruto, Tiger & Bunny and Gurren Lagann, while Western cartoon fans know him from Ben 10. Yuri has also starred in a host of games, including Persona 3; Soulcalibur V; Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Prince of Persia series.
- Tara Platt's anime credits range from Temari in Naruto to Barasuishou in Rozen Maiden Träumend, Agnes Joubert in Tiger & Bunny to Akari in 5 Centimeters Per Second, by way of shows such as Oblivion Island, Nodame Cantabile and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
- Richard Epcar's anime roles include Ghost in the Shell; Lupin III; Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo; Digimon; Macross Plus and The Castle of Cagliostro, while his anime credits range from Kingdom Hearts II to Mortal Combat to World of Warcraft.
- Perhaps best known for voicing Masaki Kurosaki in the hit anime series Bleach, Ellyn Stern has also appeared in shows such as Genma Wars; MÄR; Vampire Princess Miyu; Noein; Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.
MCM London Comic Con's Memorabilia Zone is proud to present:
- Two of the cast of HBO's fantasy hit Game Of Thrones are at the show - James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont) and Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio Forel). As well as appearing in outlaw biker drama Sons Of Anarchy, James Cosmo's film credits include Highlander, Braveheart, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Trainspotting and Troy.
- Kai Owen, best known for playing Rhys Williams in popular Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood. Other credits include Being Human, Waterloo Road and The Syndicate.
- Comedian and actress Hattie Hayridge is best known for playing ship's computer Holly in three seasons of sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf, as well as appearing in Lexx and Jonathan Creek.
- Famous for playing Charlie Slater in EastEnders, Derek Martin has also appeared in TV series such as Doctor Who, Only Fools and Horses, Little Britain, The Sweeney and Z Cars.
- Dudley Sutton and Georgina Hale, who recently starred in British comedy horror Cockneys Vs Zombies. Dudley's movie and TV credits include Skins, The Pink Panther Strikes Again, The Football Factory, EastEnders and Lovejoy, while Georgina's credits include Hollyoaks, One Foot in the Grave, Minder and a BAFTA-winning role in Ken Russell's Mahler.
Oliver! Reunion - Oscar-nominated Ron Moody, best known as Fagin in Lionel Bart's stage and film musical Oliver! together with Mark Lester, who starred as Oliver Twist.
- Adrian Hall and Heather Ripley, who played Jeremy and Jemima Potts in Ian Fleming's much-loved musical film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
For MCM London Comic Con tickets, visit: www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/tickets
YouTube at www.youtube.com/mcmexpo