• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ACen 2004 Growth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I was just reading over the acen ml, and noticed that some of the acen staffers were talking about buying ALL the available hotel rooms at the hyatt, for next years con.

according to the ml, that's 1000 rooms (there's 100 additional rooms reserved for last-minute arrivals, plane delays, etc)

... 1000 rooms @ "4"/room is a minimum anticipated 4000 people in the hotel alone.

i guess acen's intending to keep their 25-30% growth/year... wow. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LordRobin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:15 pm Reply with quote
They're also planning on moving registration to the convention center next year, which isn't a bad thing. Hope they'll have more than two cash registers...

------RM
Judau

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:06 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
They're also planning on moving registration to the convention center next year, which isn't a bad thing. Hope they'll have more than two cash registers...

Heh, sounds like Anime Boston, too bad they have a contract with the hotel... can't say it is a bad thing conventions are geting bigger, but it sure makes getting a room more difficult... Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Masayume

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Yea, but I hope they really wisen up and SEPARATE the pre-reg and reg lines next year. That was really stupid on their part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1