• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Compare Apparent Leaked Live-Action Bleach Photos to Cosplay

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:42 am Reply with quote
Yeah the costume and sword do look like cosplay but they may touch things up in post production not that anyone has high hopes for this movie since it is a bad move to end bleach. Sad
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
They'll sharpen it in post?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:53 am Reply with quote
The use of real (or realistic faux) weapons is much preferred, than doing everything in post, especially if cost is a factor. Which seems to be the case, from all the comments.

So the sword does look a bit crappy. Hopefully, these are just tests and not actual production.

Have no problem with the clothes. Simple robe, probably looks jarring against the backdrop of real life clothing..
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
The use of real (or realistic faux) weapons is much preferred, than doing everything in post, especially if cost is a factor. Which seems to be the case, from all the comments.

Depends on the budget and scale of your production. But if it's going to be substituted with CG later on, might as well make it the same green or blue as the chroma key.

Ichigo's shikai may be a problem though, as it's enormous. A real metal sword that size would be incredibly hard to hold up unless you're a weightlifter. Looking at those photos, it seems to be Ichigo's shikai. Ichigo may have super-strength, but the actor doesn't. They may have made it out of those materials either so the actor can hold it and swing it around as if it were nothing, or is a pre-production tool to help the actor understand how to hold it and make realistic-looking movements with it.
Merman-X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
funny that we have Kamen Rider Fourze as Ichigo while his anime seiyuu played the evil Kamen Rider Gold Drive from Kamen Rider Drive. Laughing
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't see the big deal. At least you can tell that's supposed to be Ichigo. Japanese movies aren't exactly known for having a James Cameron level budget. Look at the "Death Note" and "Attack on Titan" movies? Granted, with "Death Note," the effects for Ryuk look a lot better with the new one than the ones from ten years ago.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
The last few years of Bleach have been a tragic parable. This is sad.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I can imagine the live action Bleach now. Ichigo and Yhwach fighting on stage, then some Shounen Jump executives appear! "Ok you two, we've put the can on this show! Hurry up and wrap up this worthless excuse of a fight, NOW!" And then they walk off stage...

Ichigo: UGHHHH! *Throws Zangetsu at Yhwach like a javelin*

Yhwach: *Gets stabbed through the chest* NOOOOO! I'm dead! *Falls flat on his face*

Crowd: BOOOOO!

Random Guy: You suck!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2