• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Wave, Listen to Me!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Series finale? So it will never get season 2 at all?(Despite that the manga is still on if I correct).

It stinks that nowadays most of season 1 12-13 ep. animes are one-and-done, how pathetic. I think animation studios create one-and-done animes as advertisement to boost mangas sales.(Sales of Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun manga is up after anime adaptation, and it will never get season 2 'cause ANN is listed it as "series finale")
Lenks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
Series finale? So it will never get season 2 at all?(Despite that the manga is still on if I correct).

It stinks that nowadays most of season 1 12-13 ep. animes are one-and-done, how pathetic. I think animation studios create one-and-done animes as advertisement to boost mangas sales.(Sales of Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun manga is up after anime adaptation, and it will never get season 2 'cause ANN is listed it as "series finale")

That's exactly what most, if not all, anime are: advertisements for the manga. I wouldn't be buying this series (or even Hanako-kun) if I never saw the anime, so it's doing the intended job right.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:16 pm Reply with quote
That's it? Dang... Felt like the show was just getting started. Well, I guess it's on to the manga then... But I do hope for a sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3