• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ep. Review descriptions in RSS Feed no longer match site

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronophyl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:01 am Reply with quote
Some time within the past week or so, the behavior of the RSS feed at animenewsnetwork.com/all/rss.xml?ann-edition=us has changed. Item descriptions all used to match the descriptions on the homepage. As far as I can tell, all items still behave this way except for the episode reviews, which now use the first couple of lines from the article instead.

For example, the summary on the website for for MHA 133 (animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia-season-6/episode-133/.195060) is this:
Quote:
MHA has managed to thread the needle on a lot of difficult topics, but I fear this one might be more than the story can tackle while preserving the mold of a shonen battle series.

However, the description from the RSS feed is:
Quote:
As it has for weeks, the world of MHA continues to crumble. Heroes' ranks winnow down with each passing day, eroding what's left of the public's sense...

I hope you will agree this provides a much less useful and less user friendly experience. Please change this back to the way it was.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for letting us know about that. This was an unexpected bug, and has been fixed now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Chronophyl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:27 am Reply with quote
Can confirm it is working now. Thanks!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1