• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Galaxy Next Door (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Another anime dusted and the final episode is completely drama free and a nice comfy time with some fluffy romance. Besides two drama filled episodes about the creepy cthulhu island, the same can be said about the whole series. A Galaxy is a nice comfy romance anime that makes actual progress romance wise and is very sweet, almost too much even. As long as you go into the series wanting that it is a good time, but things like an interesting plot or deep characters should not be expected. For better or worse, Galaxy is a very basic romance anime.

Edit: I do want to add that the winter summer festival was a nice touch, more events like that and seeing more of the neighbors would have been welcome.
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:07 am Reply with quote
Finished this with mixed feelings.

I don’t really want another season because they would need drama to keep it going. On the other hand the show had zero drama. It was like sipping room temp water. It had no real taste or sensation.

I do think it was a nice break from the extreme nature
If most shows but by the end after all the love declarations I felt like a solid kiss at least or even a marriage proposal was called for.

But the end was as bland as all the rest. Meh. I liked it and yet was a bit bored by the finish. Guess it is good to have one pallet cleanser a year.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 am Reply with quote
Herm, I stalled out on this one back on episode 4, I think. You ain't exactly firing me up to go back in a hurry, InfiniteJest...
InfiniteJest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:24 pm Reply with quote
It's a sweet show that um...has no arc. Boy meets girl, they kinda are immediately smitten..both are shy and unexperienced...they continue to be smitten. There is a stinger...they have to get married...and are still smitten but don't want to force anything because they are smitten...so they don't force it, and remain smitten.

Then they hold hands...the end.

If you want a break from screaming, breakup drama, love triangles, murders, mayhem, etc...this gives you a 20 minute break. up to 12 times.

I kinda sorta liked it because it was sweet and different after watching Domestic Girlfriend.

But for a happy arc with a bit more energy I strongly preferred Dress up Darling.

Galaxy for me most closely compared to Ice Guy (though Ice guy had a bit more personality and humor).
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:12 am Reply with quote
InfiniteJest wrote:
But for a happy arc with a bit more energy I strongly preferred Dress up Darling..

I really like Dress Up Darling, but if I were going to watch it, I'd have to be in a different mood than for watching this anime or Ice Guy. I watch shows like this one to get my brain to slow down a bit, If you're looking for something with Dress Up Darling's energy level and feel good vibes, have you seen Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 12: Fireworks with the Princess

Summary: Pending

Comments: Pending

Screen Caps:

smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:30 pm Reply with quote
You know, I kind of like how you are reviving some older topics regarding anime of previous seasons this way. In the case of Galaxy it has to be one of the most forgettable anime in a while for me. It has been not that long since I saw it and yet I can barely remember the specific events in it. It is not a bad anime, just very mid/nothing special.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I feel kinda' the same way. Galaxy is enjoyable when you do watch it, but it's not super-memorable. Even looking through the screen caps and reading the episode names, I vaguely remember what actually happened, and I have a pretty good memory(!).

I would say this series is more feely and less thinky. Whereas, other romance anime from that season like Dangers in My Heart or Yamada-kun had enough dramatic content to get you thinking a little more and still feel stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3