• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I actually won something

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:32 am Reply with quote
Woohoo. I won one of the runner-up prizes for the ADV moving contest. One problem: I have no idea what I won. Does anyone remember what the prize package was?
And yes, this is the first thing I won in a while. In fact, the last time I won something was at Coolidge Corner Theatre at the Spike & Mike show. The theatre was giving away old things, some of them nice, some of them worthless.
They were pulling tickets out of a hat and your admission ticket matched then you won. The first thing they gave away was some old tickets they had left over from a kids play they thought were going to sell out but didn't. He kept lamenting that they were absolutely worthless. Guess who's # he called: mine. No, I did not go to the stage to get my 'gift'. It was kind of funny, though. He dragged on about how he, now, couldn't even give them away.
I hope my luck is different this time around.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:14 am Reply with quote
nagash wrote:
Woohoo. I won one of the runner-up prizes for the ADV moving contest. One problem: I have no idea what I won. Does anyone remember what the prize package was?
And yes, this is the first thing I won in a while. In fact, the last time I won something was at Coolidge Corner Theatre at the Spike & Mike show. The theatre was giving away old things, some of them nice, some of them worthless.

The winner got the .. uhm... that big black ADV World Tour banner thing, slightly used.

Runners up got assorted goodie bags, iirc. Probably a DVD or two, a t-shirt, chewed up pencils, used tissues, a quarter, etc... maybe some packaging tape.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nagash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:44 am Reply with quote
lol. That would be just my luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1