• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Persona 4: The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
OMG ITS BURN MY BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

anywho my gosh i don't think i had such a huge nostalgianess of P3 in one episode. Anime dazed

Very well done especially the King's game which I think I spilled some water half the time.(wonder if you can get that option in your main char in the game)
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As for Aika, I don't see why I need to defend my dislike of her. People have their own reasons for liking/disliking things, that's their prerogative. I feel that she does nothing to add to the story, and much to detract from it, ruining just about every scene she's in. Further than that, my opinions on her character are just that: my opinions, and I will not speak further on my reasoning, as I see no point in it.

Its ok that you dislike her, its just ridiculous to claim she is ruining a story she has practically no part in.
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
For all my complaints about how they handled some of the previous "UR NOT ME" episodes (esp. Kanji), I think Naoto's was done really well. I'm also glad they split it over two episodes...makes me want that second episode now! The latter half of the first cour was slowly losing me due to some iffy direction, but the last few weeks have been great. Hopefully it's still holding the attention of some of the non-game fans as well.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote
The truth about Naoto revealed.. it's a trap! Guess Kanji is relieved to hear that since he likes her so much and it's been confusing him up to this point. I liked the Kanji/Naoto interaction in this episode (love that pairing, even if Kanji/Kuma is hilarious in the King's Game episode.. but Kuma's flamboyant gay-ness works with any of the guys to be honest)

Guess we can peg Mitsuo as just a lowly copycat killer and the real killer is out there still. Part 2 is starting off quite nicely.
tetron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Good episode and a good resolution to Naoto.

Also yay for fanservice personas! spoiler[ omfg Mot!!!!!]

Hilarious about them getting old though xD

spoiler[ so I'm assuming they were inflicted with "Exhaustion" since Teddie was using Energy Shower]
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Naoto is so moe now
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
I see they brought out their C Team to animate this latest episode... Every other thing seemed off model.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
Loved the latest episode, Kuma is always hilarious and I enjoyed seeing Yukiko stand up for herself from those TV guys. A nice fun batch of breather episodes before the final stretch of the series.

Also the episode about Nanako's mother and relationship with her father was a tearjerker. I guess people here gave up on this series, sadly.

Next week's preview.. spoiler[ Seems like the killer is fed up with Yu's meddling and things are about to take a very dark turn for our heroes.. Doujima suspects Yu is in with the killer?]
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I haven't given up on it, but I am definitely not paying any money for it. Especially as there is no way they can do the proper ending of the story at this point.

Based on what's left in the game, these are the only ways my friend and I can figure they're going to do it:

Version 1
21: spoiler[Stuff leading up to the next dungeon. Episode will end with the trigger for the dungeon]
22: spoiler[The dungeon. Dungeon'll likely take up most of the episode, with the fallout of events leading up to and in the dungeon at the end.]
23: spoiler[The build-up to the climax. The revelations are made here, and we may start the final dungeon]
24: spoiler[The final dungeon. Probably will end with the final boss showing up]
25: spoiler[Final Boss fight and the epilogue]
spoiler[DVD-only final episode(s): True Ending]

Version 2
21: Same as version 1, except spoiler[Trigger happens before the end of the episode, and the dungeon ends the episode]
22: spoiler[Dungeon happens quickly, with it being completed at the halfway point. Rest of the episode is fallout, possibly with the revelation made at the end of the episode]
23: Same as version 1's 24
24: spoiler[Final Boss fight, and the intro to the True Ending]
25: spoiler[Rest of True Ending, and the epilogue]

I don't like either option. Version 1 spoiler[requires you to buy the DVDs to get the proper ending of the story], and Version 2 rushes everything. There is a Version 3 (spoiler[Version 1 with no True Ending]), but that would be even worse.
tetron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm just gonna assume that they are gonna release some OVAs for it since if i remember how the game progresses and what little episodes are left atm. I don't know how they'll fit in everything up till now till the end with only 6 episodes left...
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Five, actually, if TAN's listing is accurate. They only list through episode 25.
tetron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
yeah.............I'm gonna say OVA for the spoiler[True Ending]

Very good episode (episode 21) really gets my heart pumping during a chase Very Happy
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Poor Nanako and Doujima

But we finally a lead and it's off to save her. Guess the finale is right around the corner.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
So, not impressed with this morning's episode.

As I expected, spoiler[the dungeon was "show up > battle > done" and completed by the commercial break]. That's not the part that bothers me, what bothers me is that spoiler[they stretched out things after the dungeon so that we didn't get the scenes with Namatame in this episode].

Given how the series is seeming to go, I'm wondering if they're even going to do spoiler[the fight against Adachi], or just skip straight to spoiler[the final boss]. There's already no way for them to do the spoiler[True End] without an OAV or DVD-only episode.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote
How do you figure? Seems like enough time to me.
(MAJOR ending spoilers)
spoiler[Ep.23 -> Namatame stuff, discerning the true culprit, end with characters facing off against culprit. (No need to drag any of the dungeon out.)
Ep.24 -> Battle with culprit and fake final boss (the two fights can practically be treated as the same battle - or it might split the two between 23 and 24), followed by the fake ending and the twist that there's still "something left unsolved". Possibly even introduce true final boss in this episode.
Ep. 25 -> True Final Battle, True Ending.

...On an unrelated note, I am a bit sad that we didn't really get the mythological Izanami foreshadowingin the anime.]

That said... My feelings on this episode were mixed. As a fan of the game, the fanservice was incredibly fun. Y'know, seeing this and that Persona, and Megidolo(an?).

But, looking at the episode from a more objective, less "biased fan-based perspective", it was honestly pretty crappy. Or more specifically... The battle was terrible, as has been the case with many of them. It really was just uninspired fanservice. Oooh, let's all stand here while Yuu throws out like four personae in a row. I mean, let's not try to actually do anything, y'know, until he's finished showing them off. It...felt as turn-based as the game actually is. Which is fine for gameplay. But in anime, it's pretty forced and shows poor direction.

At least the Naoto scenes were cute, and I do like where they chose to end the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11