• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: EX-ARM Anime's Promo Video Reveals, Previews Opening Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Bottom-tier Anime EX-ARM-kun
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:00 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

I don't think an underrated anime deserves to be called a "flop," but that's just my opinion.

In/Spectre was positively received, as was Tower of God and Nobeless.

Their slate of originals has been varied but none of them have really been considered truly great. We all know about Netflix’s problems, but the truth is their issue is that their quality bounces like a ping-pong ball, even though I feel confident in saying that Netflix has slightly more good original anime than bad ones.

CR Originals though. Even the best of them are considered to be flawed in some way (GOHS’s pacing is atrocious, for instance), but it’s mostly their unreleased slate that’s making them look bad. FreakAngels may never be released just to avoid the optics of “Created by sex pest Warren Ellis”, High Guardian Spice...yeah, and Onyx Equinox looks like Avatar Clone #3455. Now add Ex-Arm here, which looks like something from the early days of Rooster Teeth, and it’s easy to see why the brand has the negative reputation it does.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Onyx Equinox looks like Avatar Clone #3455.

Well, the only good thing about that series is the fact that, unlike the other CR originals, this one will be dubbed to Latin American Spanish in Mexico, which is a good thing considering the series takes place there, and not dubbed in either South America or either Miami or Los Angeles by expats.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I really never thought I would say this but...... I think I've found a show that looks worse than that awful Ao Oni CG movie from Studio Deen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2