• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica to Get English BDs Starting February 14

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I love this show, but I do not have the cash for this or any of Aniplex's other shows. I was mad when I learned I had to pay at least 120 dollars for Durarara, which is a good show but it not worth that price, and while Madoka is in my top 20, I will not buy this release, at least not until I see a price drop or suddenly inherit a large amount of disposable income.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
The prices are out!

http://madokamagicausa.com/product-combo1.php

DVD = $29.98 each
Blu-ray = $39.98 each
DVD/Blu-ray/CD combo = $74.98 each

Just Blu-ray for me thanks.

...Wow. o.o
I told my brother the price for the combo. He's now unsure if he wants to try and save for the combos or stick with the Blu-Ray sets. Anime hyper
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm pre-ordering all of the limited edition blu-ray releases. Since they've been divided up into three separate months, I can afford them.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to pre-order!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you, Aniplex! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Bad news: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!? No Hynden Walch or Kari Wahlgren as Madoka and Kyube? Noooooo! Walch's Yutaka (Lucky Star) voice would've been PERFECT for Madoka!

Oh well. That's fine. I've never heard of those actors, but who knows. Maybe I'll love them!

Good news: YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! February 14th! I'm gonna have my parents order it for me!
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Whoooooo! This made my day (that and the publishing studs of Yen Press licencing Yuki-chan and Madoka manga). Should I get the LE or the DVD? Um... HELL YEAH I'm getting the LE!

Now I'm off to work. From 4pm to midnight. To earn that cash so I can afford my anime cravings.

P.S. By looking at Madoka's English website, I wonder if they'll use different covers for the LEs, DVDs, and BDs.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
No announcement of my favorite character Homura so I'm still holding out hope for Michell Ruff to be dubbing Homura-chan!
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
DVD for me! Can't ignore the special edition, so I'll grab that one.
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Too expensive for me, I enjoyed Madoka but not for these prices. For the fans enjoy!

But who knows maybe prices will be slightly less Online if so I will reconsider.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

That said, people who have watched K-ON and Squid Girl, how good are those actors? I hear good things about those dubs in general, but how are their individual performances?

I havn't heard the english dub of squid girl (I don't think it's out yet) but the voice actress who does Ritzu is probably the best of the K-ON! girls. She managed to nail Ritzu really well IMHO which is great as Ritzu is my favorate character.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
How did Aniplex manage to split up Madoka as much as Durarara? I figured they would go for a 2 box release for that. It's kinda irritating since I believe you are paying the same price for less [Going by just the DVDs/Bluray]. Was also hoping to have the sets before march, But I guess it cant be helped Mad

Looking forward to seeing the dub with fresh new talent though, I wish the VAs luck!

Slightly concerned if the creditless OP/ED are exclusive to the DVD/Bluray/CD boxset, or if they just threw that in the description. Not sure I can justify buying that whole thing,
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
But who knows maybe prices will be slightly less Online if so I will reconsider.

Those ARE the online prices. It is a lot money but it is like Zac says,

Zac wrote:
I believe these releases are not designed nor intended for people who "only moderately enjoyed" the show.

@FaytLein
Thanks for the G Gundam reference. It made me laugh a bit.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:

Those ARE the online prices. It is a lot money but it is like Zac says,

Well okay I should have clarified what I meant. Those are the Online Prices for RightStuf, there are other places that sell anime Online and sometimes you can find it cheaper than Rightstuf. RightStuf also has sales and discounts quite often.

I might consider buying the DVD Only if I can get them less than $30.00 per DVD which is more than I personally want to spend on Madoka (I enjoyed the show but it wasn't an absolute favorite). The LE sound awesome but they are way beyond my price range.
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
LE price is expected, but the non-LE prices don't seem too bad. A little more than a typical single disc release, but the non-LE prices seem pretty reasonable for people who want to buy the show soon, but can't or won't pay for LE. For everyone else, a box set'll probably show up next summer.

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Slightly concerned if the creditless OP/ED are exclusive to the DVD/Bluray/CD boxset, or if they just threw that in the description. Not sure I can justify buying that whole thing,
Wait, people actually watch creditless OP/EDs? Really? Either way, no, they're not exclusive to the LE set.

The LE being a combo pack is a nice feature, but the extras besides the OST aren't really that tempting. Stickers and posters that I won't do anything with? Postcards that'll stay packaged?

Eh, who am I trying to kid, anyway? I'll be getting the LE set... Laughing
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Sweet but it still to long away to wait
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5