• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Char, Grilled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NonoAsumy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Haters gonna hate, I really enjoyed Panty & Stocking. There's no reason to stick to the Japanese on this one, in fact stay as far away as possible. Hell even the Japanese don't think this show should be Japanese.

Or the show you know just sucks. I am sorry but there are much better comedies out there with smarter writing that doesn't need to scrape the barrel to actually make people laugh.

Oh sweet tillitating nothingness.

I am kinda new to anime is that what they call Fan-Service?

Embarassed
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:46 am Reply with quote
O Card? What's an O Card? I want one! Unfortunately I have the BD only R4 release *cries* Man that O Card deal sounds so awesome.

I looove Summer Wars. So did my friend and her non-anime watching cousin who I went to see it in the cinemas with. But when I got my family to watch it, the reaction was lukewarm to say the least... I was so disappointed Anime cry

Charlene sounds like a really fun person. Hopefully she'll be on the show again at some late date!
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
I remember the first interview with Ms. Ingram, and it was really good. I like Ms. Ingram, she seems like a very nice person.

More Hetalia! YES! As a man fully confident in his sexually, Hetalia it one of my favorite shows out there (and I have both the pink and blue bandannas). I even watched the English dub, which is something I never do. The English dub was okay, but although I think they lost a couple of obvious jokes in the translation.

The Anime Classics line is great -- it nice to give new fans a chance to see some of the great shows that fell out of the market a while ago.

When I heard PSG was licensed, it made my day. Release plan? Just sell it to me! And I don't care what you do with the English dub, since the Funimation subs are always high quality. PSG would do great on Adult Swim too.

Somehow I missed Eden of the East. Everyone says it's an epic level show, but somehow I never watched it. I think I'll just blind buy it.

I will be the sole voice of descent here, I say that Princess Jellyfish was a very disappoint show, which never really went anywhere and was a waste of time. Stop liking it! Stop having fun guys! Seriously though, Jellyfish has a much better writing than a lot of shows out there, but it is in no way a masterpiece. Still, I would rather see shows like this get licensed then utter crap like Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka or To Love RU.

I will buy Spice and Wolf II, but I don't know about Chinese Electric Batman 2, I mean Darker than Black 2. I believe this expresses my feelings about it.

And lastly, Darling?
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
Good ANNcast.

Thoughts on the show:

It is good to hear that Hetalia is dong good for Funimation. I couldn't get into the manga, and I'm on the fence about the show so I don't know if I am going to get into it or not.

I like the idea of a Anime Classic line, sort of like the Anime Legend sets that Bandai has, but I think there would be better choices for AC instead of AL.

PSG: Going to get it even though I have only seen the first three episodes. I think the dub could stay faithful but I could be wrong on how they go about it.

BD/DVD sets. I don't mind that they are in DVD cases, but I do hope someday they go to BD cases for the combined sets.

Charred Knight wrote:
Who can forget such classic Gainax Masterpieces such as Corpse Princess, He is My Master, Petite Princess Yucie, and Melody of Oblivion. The milking scene in Melody of Oblivion is an amazing parody of a perverted anime. I think I have made my feelings on Panty and Stocking clear (it sucks).

He is My Master is still licensed by Sentail Filmworks. Once the license expires, I doubt anyone would pick it as a rescue. I liked HIMM but it was not that great of a series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Charred Knight wrote:
Who can forget such classic Gainax Masterpieces such as Corpse Princess, He is My Master, Petite Princess Yucie, and Melody of Oblivion. The milking scene in Melody of Oblivion is an amazing parody of a perverted anime. I think I have made my feelings on Panty and Stocking clear (it sucks).

He is My Master is still licensed by Sentail Filmworks. Once the license expires, I doubt anyone would pick it as a rescue. I liked HIMM but it was not that great of a series.

I was being sarcastic, I mentioned anime that the average anime fan has never heard of (except for Corpse Princess), simply to point out that while Gainax has made several great anime, I wouldn't say that Gainax has some mystical "awesome" way to make anime.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
Petite Princess Yucie IS a masterpiece.

But then again, people don't realize the brilliance of Takami Akai. Its such a shame that his classmates always get the spotlight.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
Been a while since I listened to a podcast and this one was fun to listen to.

I'm really shocked no one asked about Strike Witches 2 and Shana II. Did these titles just drop off the radar of fans? This just put me one step closer to getting a Twitter account and asking myself. Which reminds me: how do we find out when/who the guest is?

Spice & Wolf II - Good to know this will be coming soon. I plan on purchasing the series' LE version, tossing the box, and hoping the extra revenues goes towards a season 3 license, should it be made available. Awesome series, this is.

Panty & Stocking - LE purchase money already set aside provided FUNi's production crew sticks to the excessive vulgarity the current CR viewing is leaving me with each viewing. Oh, goodness, is this series awesome. Here's to hoping the trinkets are the Nendoroid Petite figures. I can dream, anyway.

Pre-order - Hmmm... okay. I'll give it a shot. Baka and Test is available for pre-order at TRSI now (which coincidentally has a FUNi sale going on right now) and it'll be my first BD purchase.

You guys do really know how to market, don't ya! Now, will you please remove the hook from my mouth? It's starting to bother me.
Razz
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Which reminds me: how do we find out when/who the guest is?

Zac usually mentions it on twitter on who the guest is, or will say about it's a (Company) show, and asks to send in questions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
What did Charlene mean by "Chuck [Huber] is doing great?" Was he ill or something?
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
She seemed a bit afriad to downtalk any of her titles but maybe she's just a massive fan.

Still, its always interesting to hear from someone in the industry.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I think she's just a massive fan and enthusiastic about her titles and her job (must be nice!). She's a very bubbly person from all appearances and her Twitter account.
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
What did Charlene mean by "Chuck [Huber] is doing great?" Was he ill or something?

He suffered a heart attack back in December I believe.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
...Dude. You gotta stop right there. Besides, how can 3D be moe?

Kaylee from Firefly and Annie from Community would like to have a word with you...... Wink Anyway, I agree, Charlene does come off as moe! But that's good, she sounds like an enthusiastic hard-worker who's really helping FUNimation go places!

Keep up the BR/DVD combos, I love them! And I'm probably the only one here who thinks this way, but I prefer if you kept them DVD-sized. I put all my artboxes together so I'd hate if they started making them shorter and wouldn't look right on my shelves.

Glad Eva, Summer Wars, Eden of the East, Hetalia, and Ga-Rei Zero are all doing well, they're all in my collection as well. Looking forward to more EotE and Hetalia later this year.

I was hoping we might get survey for all the simulcast shows eventually, but it sounds like surveys will only be done for shows that got strong numbers. So probably no DVD/BR for Tatami Galaxy, huh? Sad

I'm looking forward to the rest of the year, some awesome stuff is coming out. Keep up the good work, Charlene, and everyone else at FUNi!
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
The fact that Hetalia is super popular is completely inexplicable to me. I watched a couple episodes and just didn't get it.

O-cards? I throw those away with the cellophane wrappers and people actually got mad if Summer Wars didn't have one? Wow.

I have no interest in Panty & Stocking at all.

EVERY noitaminA show should get a dvd/Blu-ray release.

Thrilled about Darker than BLACK 2 and Spice & Wolf 2. Eden of the East: Paradise Lost in August? Very nice!
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
mike.motaku wrote:

O-cards? I throw those away with the cellophane wrappers and people actually got mad if Summer Wars didn't have one? Wow.

I usually throw mine away, too, since it just duplicates the case art, but Summer Wars had a nice one. It was embossed, and had a different image than the case art. I believe the O-card had the avatars, and the case art was the "real life" characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5