• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Garden of Sinners (movie series).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving this series so far.

I've only watched part 1 and about half of part 4. Can't wait until all 7 chapters have been released.
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
has the 5th movie been subbed?

i can find it but only in raw format.

this series is too good.

i hope it comes stateside on blu-ray.

i'd shell out 40 bucks for each chapter.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, 1-5 are all out in fansub form on the vast plane of the internet somewhere.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I have volume 5 on DVD but AFAIK the only translation of it that exists is a massive MKV that I simply can't play or convert.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
^^^could you take a picture of the dvd (and the other volumes if you have them) i'd love to see what they actually look like.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
They're pretty sharp looking judging by cover art over at the Japanese version of Amazon.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quote
bucklemyshoe wrote:
^^^could you take a picture of the dvd (and the other volumes if you have them) i'd love to see what they actually look like.

Already done:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?uname=shirobane&q=kara%20no%20kyoukai%20dvd&orderby=date
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
oh man, that is totally awesome.

i can just imagine how much those limited edition region 2 dvds cost.
zzchanli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, in The Murder Speculation (movie 2) the progression of the story kept on bugging me in which spoiler[[the entire story was constructed around biasing everyone into believing that Shiki was the murderer. Am I correct in thinking that she isn't?]]
Miranox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
zzchanli wrote:
Out of curiosity, in The Murder Speculation (movie 2) the progression of the story kept on bugging me in which spoiler[[the entire story was constructed around biasing everyone into believing that Shiki was the murderer. Am I correct in thinking that she isn't?]]

It seems pretty obvious to me that spoiler[Shiki did kill those 7 people. She even said so herself. Kokutou said that he believes she can't do such a thing.] I'm not sure what to make of that though.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
She spoiler[did kill them, yes, and yet also might not have. She had a split personality. ] In Movie 4, spoiler[she somehow resolved her mental issues and one of the personalities "died". The one that liked to murder people or the one that took Kokuto on a date, I'm not sure which exactly. Anyway, afterward, she was essentially somebody else. Psychologically, kind of a combo of the two: still really likes to shove pointy objects into people but has some restraint now. Laughing ]
zzchanli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
The most painful part about all of this is the fact that we only find out everything in the last movie/novel of the series.

Makes me wonder whether or not I really want to find out since this is one movie series that I just don't want to end.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Acording to the page movie 6 should be out at the end of the month I can't wait.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the movie series as a whole won't end spoiler["happily" either since that's not Type/Moon's style] but hopefully I'm wrong.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that the movie series as a whole won't end spoiler["happily" either since that's not Type/Moon's style] but hopefully I'm wrong.

Couldn't disagree more. I recall Type-Moon endings to be generally uplifting, with optimistic outlook even on dire situations. And, the murderer is obviously not Shiki. One of the speculations is that it's spoiler[the mage from ep 5 trying to test Shiki's abilities before taking her on]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
The 6th movie titled "Oblivion Recording" is out, or I would like to call it Azaka-sama ga Miteru. Laughing

Compared to the past 5 movies, this one in particular is a bit more light-hearted (until we got to the end of the credits). And of course.....

....oh god! Embarassed

As you may have guess, this movie gave Azaka more screen time, spoiler[and it delved on how (and not to mention figuring out why) she's in love with her brother Mikiya, gave us a glimpse of her fire magic, and showed her jealously fit towards Shiki for her spending too much time with Mikiya. Leave it to Touko on complicating on Azaka's rivalry on Shiki by having those two work together at an all-girl Catholic school on an incident dealing with fairies. It seems like someone has the ability to control the fairies in which they can take away memories. This relates to the recent death of a school girl who saw those fairies. The entire plot was surprisingly straightforward though.]

Claymation moment of the day: Fire prohibited! Don't burn, be moe! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5