• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Episode Airs

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
That is so awesome! Totally Haruhi style to sneak in the second season right in the middle of the first season. Can't wait to see it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! ^_^

Dream on, shut up, and watch the goddamn subs when they air, like the rest of us.

That's a little uncalled for. All he wants is a legal way to watch the second season of Haruhi.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! Anime smile

Dream on, shut up, and watch the goddamn subs when they air, like the rest of us.

That's a little uncalled for. All he wants is a legal way to watch the second season of Haruhi.

Yep, I rather watch it in a legal way. Like what Funi is doing with a bunch of shows right now airing in Japan

Also about the new ep spoiler[It's on youtube already]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:
The issue that the quoted poster is talking about is due to spoiler[actual time travel].

Yes, I was aware of that, but I didn't want to give it away. Besides spoiler[From Haruhi's point of view, it was several years earlier and the earlier events shown in this episode were referenced as "the past" more than once in the early episodes of S1. I'm referring specifically to when Haruhi first meets Kyon and asks "have we met before?" (or you look familiar... something like that), and when Kyon's friend tells him about the incident where Haruhi paints the school grounds.].
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! Anime smile

I don't think it maters its not like the Japanese goverment is going to bust down your door for downloading there anime. the only reason I buy anime DVD is because fan-subs. and this show is the greatest I love watching the raw of the new episode can't wait for subs and then dubs.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not an expert in copyright law to say the least - but does the license of the first 14 episodes extend to any new ones? Or are they officially un-licensed?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
If the license is for 14 eps, then that's all it's good for. If Bandai wants to claim the rights to the new eps, then they'll have to get a separate license for those.
Luna Loving

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Ooooooooooooohh Yeah! I am so proud of Kadokawa right now. (Oops, maybe a little too proud....) Razz
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

Now hurry up and give me a legal way of watching it in the States!!! ^_^

Yep, I rather watch it in a legal way. Like what Funi is doing with a bunch of shows right now airing in Japan

Also about the new ep spoiler[It's on youtube already]

Thank you. Are you sure. Can you please provide a link?
Killtheshrew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
The coalguys website strongly hints they may already be in the process of subbing it.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow. It was not a lie. I need to watch it. NEED! NEED!

Killtheshrew wrote:
The coalguys website strongly hints they may already be in the process of subbing it.

I hope not. I don't like their version of K-On.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
If the license is for 14 eps, then that's all it's good for. If Bandai wants to claim the rights to the new eps, then they'll have to get a separate license for those.

That was my guess.

Perhaps Kadokawa will do what they did with the ONAs and release a subtitled version themselves, saving fansubbers some time and effort that could be spent on these less likely to be licensed?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Am I right in assuming that this renders some existing DVD releases outdated, or will this simply result in the release new ones to directly follow existing volumes, once licences are all accounted for?
I've been out of the Haruhi loop for some time now. I don't quite grasp the episode chronology system being used in the show's various forms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen it. Don't know if I will.

Double-edged sword here. If I watch it, one isn't going to be enough. If I don't watch it, I'm an idiot.

Curses. What to do.
Crying or Very sad
Annf

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
irishninja wrote:
Finally!!!

I already posted this, but Kadokawa has a Youtube channel. They should have episode 8 up in a week. Episode 7 is on now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KADOKAWAanime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11