• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - The Manga Menagerie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay, this is my stance on Death Note. As a whole, I think it is an amazing series. It is definately my all time favorite. The art, characters (most), story, etc are all amazing. The first four volumes are probably the best volumes of anything I've ever read in my life. Five was rather boring in my opinion even though they introduced [Aiber and Webby who were really cool but Two dimentional. Six has some cool scenes like spoiler[Light and L hitting eachother, Rem grabbing Misa in the bathroom and the lengths Higuchi goes to so he doesn't get exposed as Kira]. Volume 7 is probably the peak of the series, because spoiler[You see how Light's purely ingenius plan to get the Death Note back worked and how he finally succeeded in killing L]. I thought the 1st arc started out really good. Vol 8 was really cool, because it took Death Note in a new direction spoiler[Where they had to deal with the Mafia to get Sayu back from Mello and also how the new shinigami came into play]. Volume 9 ended awesomely with the spoiler[scene with the kira supporters rioting]. But I think it ended disappointingly. Volume 10 was definately inferior to 8 + 9, but Mikami is definately cool. It didn't get cool until Mikami came into play and then again when he met up with the new girl. I think we will see some action in 11, because I can definately see Misa finding out about the new girl. Draaaamaaaaa.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5