• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Saikano Projects in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfrog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:28 am Reply with quote
That page sucks! They don't mention the GIGANTIC STRAPS that attach Turtle Man's shell to his body! That guy was truly the stuff dreams are made of. I need to learn his dance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deathbringer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:
eww live action yeah its gonna be bad.

EVERYTHING FILMED WITH REAL CAMERAS AND REAL PEOPLE IS TERRIBLE

Add the words "anime related" and "Hollywood" in there somewhere and you'd be right. I have more faith in japanese companies to keep true to the original story then I do in american companies. Plus I definitely think the japanese can cast their own works better then americans can. Maybe the OVA could be like an AU story.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:03 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
What a crazy, horrible film:http://www.badmovies.org/movies/dragonball/

The site really gets right. That film is nothing, and I should say that should be forbidden (but I won't, otherwise, you'd start to call me a "fanboy" or an anime addict Anime hyper).

Let's hope Saikano's live action will be better...At least, the technology that they'll use it's supposed to be NEWER and BETTER.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:11 am Reply with quote
Taking into account I'm one of those folks who consider Saikano one of the "untouchable" animes out there (i.e. "don't fix what ain't broke"), I'll be cautiously guarded about future events. Really, the series as-is plays out well, and I think any extra time spent with the characters would make it that much more painful to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2