• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima's 2nd Original Anime DVD Series Reportedly Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
I guess the big question now is, "How will this get released in the States?"... Again, R1 fans must ask -- how are (IF) we going to see these shows over here?

This is an excellent opportunity, though of course still relatively low volume, for R1 distributors. Could more easily justify the lack of a dub, or one could say the dub would be much cheaper to produce and include if necessary. Fans of established series most likely would snap them up, hungry for more of their favorites. The price could be higher on a per episode basis because of higher quality, and the packaging/marketing need not be expensive as a single or 2-Disc DVD. I can't see it being a bad business decision if the licensing costs are reasonable. The only downside is the lag time between the first and last of the episodes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Frankly, I don't see how four episodes will cover the Magic World arc, which hasn't even finished.

No kidding. It's already over 50 chapters worth of material, and we need like 10 more bare minimum to wrap it up, and I doubt it will be that few. There isn't a stopping point anywhere in the middle of it, either.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Wouldn't this be the third Negima OVA/OAD series, if the Spring & Summer OVAs were counted as the first?

I think so. Also i believe that the haru OVA is somewhat familiar to the manga version and even though the two seasons were kinda off base.They were just as fun to watch just like with love hina,though the fanservice in the OVA in the Natsu OVA is just like the manga and more.

Hope this new one has that as well cause it's what made the series what it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
When will this be english dubbed?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:

When a licensor/distributor decide to pick it up, likely Funimation, and likely out on DVD in later 2010 if you're lucky. Although it could be later, since the first set of OAD's hasn't even finished yet, and it could be until later Summer when they do.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The last of the Ala Alba OADs is out this month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
GeorgeC wrote:
I guess the big question now is, "How will this get released in the States?"... Again, R1 fans must ask -- how are (IF) we going to see these shows over here?

This is an excellent opportunity, though of course still relatively low volume, for R1 distributors. Could more easily justify the lack of a dub, or one could say the dub would be much cheaper to produce and include if necessary. Fans of established series most likely would snap them up, hungry for more of their favorites. The price could be higher on a per episode basis because of higher quality, and the packaging/marketing need not be expensive as a single or 2-Disc DVD. I can't see it being a bad business decision if the licensing costs are reasonable. The only downside is the lag time between the first and last of the episodes.

The Ala Alba OAD hasn't even been licensed. Who knows what quirky elements are tied up with the "OAD" vs the traditional OVA in terms of licensing. Should either OAD series be licensed, then I would suspect they'd be tied together and sold apart from the manga. It is always possible that Del Rey and FUNimation (were they to license the OAD) could do a cross-promotional item, but we'll have to wait and see.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:

When a licensor/distributor decide to pick it up, likely Funimation, and likely out on DVD in later 2010 if you're lucky. Although it could be later, since the first set of OAD's hasn't even finished yet, and it could be until later Summer when they do.

Damn, I'm gonna have to wait a long time to watch this then Sad Crying or Very sad.
scottyS13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
ok hi im scott and a new fan of anime i would just like to say that i got finished with the 256 chapters of manga that are out right now and i would just like to ask every one i went to go watch the anime version of negima and at first it was good then everything went wierd like they skipped some stuff then they put in that asuna died i am REALLY CONFUSED so im looking then they have this somthinsomthin ala alba and i watched 2 minuits of it and its really close to the mang is this ala alba supposed to be just anime of the origanle mang thank you plzz help
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
If you tried using some of these new fangled punctuation things I might have the first clue what it was you just said.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2