• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Galaxy Express 999 TV DVD boxsets

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
...It would be interesting to have a poll about whether people genuinely would have bought it had the release been different. (...Would a dub have made a difference to the old-time anime fans this ?...)

just a little late for that isn't it?Smile that's something S'more should've done before they decided to burn their investment money.

personally, as just another old fart of a fan, the inclusion of a dub would've been regarded as bonus and not much more beyond that. For others though... that was probably something of a deal breaker and an instant no buy to them. Can't fault S'more for that. But when you combine that with the treatment it did receive, the negative outcome seemed likely.

mrsatan summed it up nicely - I would have bought it had it been done right.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 am Reply with quote
When the equally old and equally dubless Space Pirate Captain Harlock goes on sale, you will see that one sell to a profitable degree.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
^What about Lupin the III season 1 released by Discotek? That's ancient, sub only, and I sure bought a copy. Though being Lupin can count for a lot in this case...
And I've got the first half of Rose of Versailles on pre-order too.

But yeah, I didn't wanna touch this GE999 release with a 10 foot pole (I did buy Discotek's movie though)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5