• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: France's Japan Expo to Host California Con in Late Summer 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midnightsiren182

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
mimipon wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to bring Japan Expo to America since there are many anime conventions in there and it is obvious that Japan Expo would be nothing but another form of Anime convention.

Latest years, Japan Expo in France has became sometning that getting Japanese otakus' nerves and been a big issue among tham so I don't want them to bash Japan Expo anymore. If they hear the news they won't be happy with it and many of them would just disagree with it.

I'm totally happy with seeing Anime Expo in California where anime fans gather together enjoy anime,manga and cosplay. So I don't think we need another convention which might cause a conflict with Japanese otakus.

What exactly is the conflict? That Japan Expo is IN France?
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
mimipon wrote:
So I don't think we need another convention which might cause a conflict with Japanese otakus.

Why do you care? I personally don't give a damn what some Japanese otaku think of us. Pardon my French.
mimipon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
midnightsiren182 wrote:
mimipon wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to bring Japan Expo to America since there are many anime conventions in there and it is obvious that Japan Expo would be nothing but another form of Anime convention.

Latest years, Japan Expo in France has became sometning that getting Japanese otakus' nerves and been a big issue among tham so I don't want them to bash Japan Expo anymore. If they hear the news they won't be happy with it and many of them would just disagree with it.

I'm totally happy with seeing Anime Expo in California where anime fans gather together enjoy anime,manga and cosplay. So I don't think we need another convention which might cause a conflict with Japanese otakus.

What exactly is the conflict? That Japan Expo is IN France?

If you want to know what I'm talking about just go search for "Japan Expo" on YouTube and you would find what they are talking about.
mimipon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
mimipon wrote:
So I don't think we need another convention which might cause a conflict with Japanese otakus.

Why do you care? I personally don't give a damn what some Japanese otaku think of us. Pardon my French.

Because I'm Japanese myself and don't get me wrong because of what I said in my previous post. They actually love Japan Expo, France and those French people who love Japanese culture and support the event. They are not exactly bashing Japan Expo itself but people who have taken advantage of that. What I saw on Japanese websites so far is all Japanese otakus are making a big deal of it.

Anyway, someone has reported that the situation in France got much better this year compaire to those past few years since some people had worked on it. I just don't want Japan Expo in the US have the same situation since I'm already fed up with it.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
mimipon wrote:
If you want to know what I'm talking about just go search for "Japan Expo" on YouTube and you would find what they are talking about.

I normally wouldn't waste my time trolling YouTube just to find out the answer to a simple question. But since you took the time to respond to my post I went ahead with it... and found absolutely nothing unusual. I only looked at the first page of YouTube results and they look like typical con coverage stuff: AMVs, cosplay, etc.

Bleh.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:

I normally wouldn't waste my time trolling YouTube just to find out the answer to a simple question. But since you took the time to respond to my post I went ahead with it... and found absolutely nothing unusual. I only looked at the first page of YouTube results and they look like typical con coverage stuff: AMVs, cosplay, etc.

Bleh.

Me neither. The 2012 cosplay video I saw had no ponies or Homestuck, so as far as I'm concerned it's already leagues ahead of the American convention I went to.
mimipon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:33 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
mimipon wrote:

Bleh.

Sorry for taking your time since you couldn't find it.
I think you can find it easily here on YouTube "Japan Expo 起源" if you put the extra word. Sad

I actually don't want to talk about this here because unless you are Japanese you wouldn't understand why they are so upset since it is none of your concern( that's why it happend in France though).

I just want to advice those people who are going to bring Japan Expo to Califolnia that never ever mingle them together.
I don't want to see nasty comments on anime/manga/game fourms in Japan anymore. Other than that they really enjoy talking about Japan Expo and watching the videos and the cosplayers.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Jedi Master wrote:

Bleh.

Me neither. The 2012 cosplay video I saw had no ponies or Homestuck, so as far as I'm concerned it's already leagues ahead of the American convention I went to.

And Japan Expo had cosplays of Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H., TinTin, and other European properties too. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3