• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio SHAFT Streams Prism Nana Anime's 1st Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Magical girl shows aren't my favourite type of anime, but I'm looking forward to this one.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited about this one, I hope it lives up to my expectations.
I just wonder how they're going to tie in that music motif (like will they fight with music? or just be like a "lets play in a band on our downtime" thing because K-on) probably both though.

sorry if I missed it, but did it say when this will air? like this fall maybe? because I can't wait for it. Anime hyper
Reialgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
This looks like it's going to be blast, hopefully it shall turn out to be so. I thoroughly enjoyed Madoka but I hope to god that this will be the usual upbeat magical girl vibe, with added SHAFT madness 8D
RoseTech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc! And when they release the box set, $400. They will be much obliged to take your money.

But yeah as I've said before, this anime looks pretty flashy. The PV looks like it's for an eroge, really. ...Will watch. Anyone know when this might even come out? I see no timeline information anywhere.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
I am expectant of this series because it is from SHAFT. It is hard to make much from a trailer, but I would say that the story seems too happy and silly for me. Hopefully, it will be better than that. Also, the animation looks strong.

I am a bit surprised of the dislike I have been reading toward Madoka Magica. I thought it was one of the best series to have come in the last few years. I do not love depressing anime, but for me the despair in series like Madoka Magica can produce more depth. As opposed to a happy series than can be shallow.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
but I would say that the story seems too happy and silly for me. Hopefully, it will be better than than. Also, the animation looks strong.

Putting aside the typos, this makes no sense

Quote:
I am a bit surprised of the dislike I have been reading toward Madoka Magica. I thought it was one of the best series to have come in the last few years. I do not love depressing anime, but for me the despair in series like Madoka Magica can produce more depth. As opposed to a happy series than can be shallow.

Oh, one of these.

Madoka was a good show, but not BECAUSE of the despair. People who think "dark and depressing" == "good" are a huge part of why certain mediums became absolutely insufferable (yes, American Comics, I am looking at you!)

Is it really that hard to just wait until the show is actually available to watch before making any judgements?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Madoka was a good series. I just don't want another magical girl show like it so soon after from Shaft. I want them to make one on the opposite spectrum.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am expectant of this series because it is from SHAFT. It is hard to make much from a trailer, but I would say that the story seems too happy and silly for me. Hopefully, it will be better than than. Also, the animation looks strong.

It looks to be typical Magical girl show. Don't expect something dark as Madoka. Please, for the love of god, don't.

Quote:

It's a good show but I found it to be definitely overhyped. The fanbase has been one of my fearful encounters since 2007 and the Gurren Lagann fanbase. Dear god, possibly one of the worst encounters ever.

I actually want this to be good because well, I don't want SHAFT to be known as "The studio that Madoka Magica."
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
but I would say that the story seems too happy and silly for me. Hopefully, it will be better than than. Also, the animation looks strong.

Putting aside the typos, this makes no sense

Can you show me the typos, Condescendingdude5609? I know I am wasting my time trying to establish a cordial chat with you, but I get tired of taking offensive comments from jerks like you.

Others have disagreed with me, but they were not dicks, like you are.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Can you show me the typos, Condescendingdude5609? I know I am wasting my time trying to establish a cordial chat with you, but I get tired of taking offensive comments from jerks like you.

"than than"

And by "putting aside the typos" I meant that the statement doesn't make logical sense, for reason other than typos.

(Also, in an unrelated note, animation can't be "strong")
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

"than than"

And by "putting aside the typos" I meant that the statement doesn't make logical sense, for reason other than typos.

(Also, in an unrelated note, animation can't be "strong")

Point taken; I typed the same word twice. I did understood what you wrote about my comment not making sense. I was surprised that anyone would nitpick about typos in an online forum.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
First of all, his statement made sense, and second, "strong" also has the metaphorical meaning of "posessing skills and qualities that create a likelihood of success", so sayeth my dictionary.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I love magical girl shows. It seems the genre continues to be misunderstood. Light comedy is Shaft's strength as well. Madoka was great and all but I preferred Arakawa and Natsu no Arashi.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I want from Shaft is stuff related to Bakemonogatari.

This time they're either trolling again or stepping into an anime genre I really don't care about.

Shippoyasha wrote:
It seems the genre continues to be misunderstood. Light comedy is Shaft's strength as well.

By you as well. Magical girl doesn't have to be light comedy.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
RoseTech wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
TAKE ALL MY MONEY SHAFT

HA Enjoy paying $90 for each 2-episode disc! And when they release the box set, $400. They will be much obliged to take your money.

But yeah as I've said before, this anime looks pretty flashy. The PV looks like it's for an eroge, really. ...Will watch. Anyone know when this might even come out? I see no timeline information anywhere.

I got all the Madoka Blurays for $120. not really that expensive..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4