• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Pirate Anime to Start Simulcast on May 30

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
This is great!

Now we only need somone to do Bleach...
braves

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Drac wrote:
Viz mentions it in their press release on the Shonen Jump website.

http://shonenjump.viz.com/news/newsroom/index.php?id=94

Although the website seems to be acting up for some reason.

Freaking sweet. Thanks for the link. Anime hyper

I thought I was going to be 30 by the time One Piece ended over here in the U.S., but that's no longer the case. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, how in the hell am I going to catch up in this series... It's going to take months.

Any tips?

EDIT:
braves wrote:
Drac wrote:
Viz mentions it in their press release on the Shonen Jump website.

http://shonenjump.viz.com/news/newsroom/index.php?id=94

Although the website seems to be acting up for some reason.

Freaking sweet. Thanks for the link. Anime hyper

I thought I was going to be 30 by the time One Piece ended over here in the U.S., but that's no longer the case. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It actually says:
Quote:
In addition to this anime simulcast, plans are underway for the latest chapters of the Japanese manga, which are ahead of the anime story, to appear in SHONEN JUMP starting in the fall of 2009.

So they're not speeding it up, they're just skipping ahead.

I just wish Viz would start using better translations of terms and names.
Ruremi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Seljuk wrote:
Now update the loading rate and the resolution/quality on your site, Funi, and we have ourselves a sweet, sweet deal. Those aren't even hard demands...

This is stupendous, only problem I have is that^ (videos have to constantly buffer throughout the broadcast). But couldn't ask for a better deal than this. Well, those that're able to see it at least, through these means.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Ruremi wrote:
Seljuk wrote:
Now update the loading rate and the resolution/quality on your site, Funi, and we have ourselves a sweet, sweet deal. Those aren't even hard demands...

This is stupendous, only problem I have is that^ (videos have to constantly buffer throughout the broadcast). But couldn't ask for a better deal than this. Well, those that're able to see it at least, through these means.

Dude, just pause it until it's buffered enough.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Ruremi wrote:
Seljuk wrote:

Dude, just pause it until it's buffered enough.

But you're not suppose to be pausing while streaming. It can be annoying when you have buffering issues during the opening animation stream.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
But you're not suppose to be pausing while streaming. It can be annoying when you have buffering issues during the opening animation stream.

No, you pause it at the very beginning, before you actually start watching anything, but after you hit play for the first time.
Ruremi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh, thanks a lot. I can't believe that pausing for a while didn't cross my mind.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This brings a huge smile to my face. If Funi can generate extra profit from OP this way, then maybe they'll finally start releasing more of the movies as well (but I'm loving the sets and buying all of them, keep them coming, Funi!). And now my friend who wants to watch the series but doesn't like borrowing DVDs (I generally bring DVDs over for all our friends to watch, but I'm not about to make them start a long-running series) has a way to start watching. This is made of pure win. Keep it up, WINimation! Very Happy
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Great news to say the least.
While the fansub group currently doing the latest eps is decent, they got dragged down by;
- Adding horrible, sintrustive karaoke
- SFX for some name attacks
- Not translating the Japanese name attacks
- etc...

Now if only these sites could sort out their video quality, as that's the only reason people still sway towards fansubs.
Also, they just need to bring Bleach into this simulcast method and then you'd have the 3 most popular shonen anime available for free streaming with subs, which would be a HUGE achievement and step forward for the anime industry.
bj_waters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
This is great!

Now we only need somone to do Bleach...

I'll second that. I mean, after One Piece and Naruto (and I'm not forgetting Reborn! or Gintama), it seems the natural choice.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

No, you pause it at the very beginning, before you actually start watching anything, but after you hit play for the first time.

Okay, I've been on other streaming sites and you don't normally pause. It's called "FUNi needs more servers.". Laughing
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this comes to Hulu just like FMA. Funimation's player can't do smooth full screen playback on my computer.

I started watching One Piece and for some reason stopped around episode 70. Looks like I can finally catch up.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Whoohoo! The official companies are really in it to win it now. Now all that's left (of the big Jump series) is Bleach.
sena_h_dei

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Just one more reason to hate my dial-up. Someone, for the love over everything that's holy, bring SOME sort of hight speed out my way! I'm begging here!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5