• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-09-11]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I think it's a great idea:

"I kicked him straight in the balls so hard they go crawling into his brain for refuge!"

"I have a part of you with me. You put your disease in me. It helps me. It makes me strong."

"Don't toast to my health, toast to my f--k!"

...or really any of Hopper's lines.

"This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top."

Okay, now work all of these in next week, and it has to make perfect sense. Smile

Silencio
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
Someone finally gets why I love Weiss Kruz so much! Very Happy Great response!

I'm also glad someone sent that answer, since that was my first thought! Aside from all the plotlines and tropes from 70's American cop shows, I knew I liked this show in the episode where they confront the villains about to sacrifice the schoolgirls - and they run around in the entrance to arrange themselves into perfect boyband configuration before posing. Anime catgrin That was when I knew for sure the creators were in on the joke (much like YnM).

Ironically, it was some extraordinarily well-written fan-fic that made me love it, because it provided the character development that was so lacking in the anime. WK is truly one of my guilty pleasures!

I had briefly thought about submitting Garzey's Wing too, but I didn't think there was any more I could add to Justin's hilarious Buried Garbage article. Smile
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
Hmmm, looks like next week's question might get some good answers, I might actually read through each reply. My take is this: while it would do much better on CN (because who doesn't get that channel?) ratings wise, Disney does treat their anime well (except for that part where they cut out with Miyako slapping Ken in Digimon 02) and it looks like it belongs on the same channel as Batman TAS. CN is turning into a cesspool and it looks like they're focusing on original programming and ridding the channel of its namesake.

I don't want to see Naruto on [AS], they already have Bleach, we don't need more than one long running anime with new episodes every week.

These are basically my exact thoughts, too. CN would be better for ratings, and especially for me since I currently don't get X D. However, X D is where I'd want it otherwise since they have a pretty strong lineup of shows, I actually spent more time watching it this summer than CN. The network really has slipped hard, and I think X D is poised to pick up much of that slack. While AS would be nice for me just so I could see it, I don't think it'd be a good fit, plus I'm not sure how well the current American TV audience would receive another very long show, plus having two at once would probably kill the chance to get the continuation of Inuyasha on AS, and I'd much rather have that show that Naruto.

As far as clubs go, the hardest part is probably just dealing with the fact that most people would rather have everything and do nothing. They want the club to have a bunch of fancy bells and whistles but won't volunteer to help out with it, and typically the new members will be willing to offer ideas without realizing that you've tried them before and they don't work. So my advice is to at least make sure that it's enjoyable for you since not everyone will be happy with it. Asking what people want to see is fine, but be ready for everyone to have a different answer, and it'll typically be their favorite show, so you'll probably just need to make an executive decision and roll with it. So yeah, make sure that you have fun with it, or else the effort will seem like a total waste.

Last edited by Greed1914 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Redgem89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I'm currently in the process of watching Knight Hunters. Unfortunately I have watched the first two episodes and can't seem to gather the strength (or courage) to watch the rest but I don't really want to give up on it... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
Also, why do so many people hate the X/1999 movie? I saw it on the Sci-Fi Channel (Yes, it's ALWAYS going to be "Sci-Fi" to me instead of that Polish word for "crap"), and it was really good! Come on, this is CLAMP here! Are we even WATCHING the same movie?

Er, probably because they're comparing it to the TV series? Which was arguably a much better adaptation. (If only because they had much more content to work with.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4