• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Vis is completely unreliable, they often drop series before completing them.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
Vis is completely unreliable, they often drop series before completing them.

Viz has finished more shows than they completed lately. Also if people bought it they wouldn't cancel it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I've been crossing my fingers that they'll complete the Hikaru no Go manga at least but seeing how TRSI lists through volume 22 (of 23), chances look good! Unfortunately I didn't really know about the HnG anime until it was cancelled...

I do wish that they'd re-release some of their older stuff. Bleach gets singles then a box set within a year but we still don't have a re-release of Maison Ikkoku (despite Ranma 1/2 getting one) or Key the Metal Idol? Yeah, I get that Bleach must be selling great for them, but they should use the profits on that to re-print Maison Ikkoku in thin packs. They've got the dubbing and subbing stuff all done, they've got most of the work out of the way! What, have they lost the license for the anime or something or are they just being mean?

For manga though I still love 'em, they seem to license most of the series I want to buy, at least half of my collection is Viz. I don't think they ruin edit stuff necessarily, at least they don't edit 4kids style, right? Of course, they still haven't re-printed Banana Fish (Or Basara or Please Save My Earth) in Big Edition so I am a bit angry at them for that I suppose...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3