• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FAQ.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:16 am Reply with quote
Hi, I have a question. I kinda stumbled upon a lost anime that doesn't seem to have a encyclopedia entry on ANN. The anime in question is called I Am A Dog: Don Matsugorou's Life/Wagahai wa Inu de Aru: Don Matsugoro no Seikatsu (1983). I found it via Kineko Video's YT channel (that YT channel account has been doing a lot of 4K HD restoration/remastering of lost anime material, they were the one responsible for restoring & remastering the forgotten 1986 Super Mario Bros anime film).

When I searched ANN's encyclopedia for that lost anime I mentioned above, there's no entry for it. This "lost" anime I found in the link above has some significant in it because I'll quote Kineko's description of this anime:

Quote:
On February 9, 1983, Fuji Television broadcast an animated TV special produced by Toei called "Wagahai wa Inu de Aru: Don Matsugoro no Seikatsu" (I Am A Dog: Don Matsugorou's Life).

This special only aired once in 1983 and was never released on home video to this day, making it a very forgotten snippet of animation. It managed to survive thanks to a single Betamax capture of its initial airing, but now we've scanned a 16mm print of it courtesy of @nappasan on Twitter, whose friend let us borrow the print for scanning. The print was scanned in 4K and the audio is sourced from both the print and the Betamax capture to fill in gaps. There were also a few missing frames and scenes that the Betamax had to be used for, unfortunately. The special was subbed by LonelyChaser Fansubs.

Also the talking dog, Don Matsugorou is voiced by none other then Yasuo Yamada, the voice of Lupin.

Hence why ANN encyclopedia doesn't seem to have any entry on this lost anime, and that's why I'm glad I created a topic on lost anime media. So here's my question regarding ANN encyclopedia and lost anime being found:

If a anime that is thought to be lost, and then found but doesn't seem have a encyclopedia entry on ANN, how can I (or any other ANN users) submit for a new entry for that particular recovered/found "lost" anime?

What process does ANN encyclopedia team need from a user in order to enter a lost anime into the encyclopedia entry?

I Am A Dog: Don Matsugorou's Life/Wagahai wa Inu de Aru: Don Matsugoro no Seikatsu from 1983 is an example of lost anime being found and not aware of it in anime fandom, & the fact that this particular lost anime doesn't have a ANN encyclopedia entry really need to have some kind of user submitting information and links just in case that lost anime has been found is seriously needed.

Thanks, sorry if I'm asking this because this is my first time wanting to submit a entry for a found "lost" anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raceraot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:35 am Reply with quote
I was wanting to submit a newly announced anime to ANN, but I don't know how to submit a new anime to the website. How can I submit the new anime to the website?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Raceraot wrote:
I was wanting to submit a newly announced anime to ANN, but I don't know how to submit a new anime to the website. How can I submit the new anime to the website?

Never done it myself, but I believe you just click the icon "new topic" on the Encyclopedia forum.
Davo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:50 am Reply with quote
I tried searching to see if this has been covered already, but I can't seem to find anything, so question: I work as a night-shift ADR Engineer at Crunchyroll, which means 99% of the work I do is as an Assistant ADR Engineer, and since around mid-spring we switched to Netflix-style dub cards which unfortunately only lists the Lead ADR Engineer in a show, so would I be allowed to update my own credits for the shows I've worked on, or is that not allowed since I'm not publicly credited on them.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:45 am Reply with quote
Davo, a lot of the Encyclopedia data entry is user-based, but I feel like there are less people that input proper data these days, so I don't see a problem with you entering your own credentials. Any bit of good data is always welcome!
Davo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:15 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Davo, a lot of the Encyclopedia data entry is user-based, but I feel like there are less people that input proper data these days, so I don't see a problem with you entering your own credentials. Any bit of good data is always welcome!

Thanks, appreciate it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5