• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Official One Piece 3D Breasts Mouse Pads for Sale

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:
You'll find out what's attractive about breasts once you get older, then you'll understand.

I'm 21. Neutral

And sorry, but no, I'll never understand why guys like breasts so much...

It is in the male gene pool, consciousness, subconsciousness, thought process, and so on to be attracted to women's breasts. It is simple as that.
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote
If you review the previous news items about manga magazines losing several billion yen in sales, this is easily understood.

When it's no longer profitable to simply create manga and anime because nobody wants to pay for it, new sources of revenue have to be found. When this turns a profit, as we all know it will, I'm certain other Shonen Jump properties will follow suit.

There's no real problem until more and more properties are designed to just be advertisements for the mousepads and body pillows. Something has to pay for these shows, though. The industry will go where the money is.

I plan on getting all three.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Cosplaybunny wrote:
I plan on getting all three.
Same here. They go right into the collection. These are way more cool than the Shota and loli ones. Shocked I might have to mouse the Nami one though. Laughing
Dune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You'll find out what's attractive about breasts once you get older, then you'll understand.

Right, then you get even older and realize that merchandise that tries to be adult (look, BREASTS! Goes great with your FIRST BEER!) usually ends up looking kinda pathetic.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm 21. Neutral

It is in the male gene pool, consciousness, subconsciousness, thought process, and so on to be attracted to women's breasts. It is simple as that.

It's normal for plenty of girls too. Two of my best friends are females who like boobs. It's just not your thing apparently. If they get too super-inflated though it tends too lose something for me. Small breasts can also be great I will mention as well.

Last edited by jsyxx on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
The Naked Beast wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm 21. Neutral

It's normal for plenty of girls too. Two of my best friends are females who like boobs. It's just not your thing apparently. If they get too super-inflated though it tends too lose something for me though. Small breasts can also be great I will mention as well.

That's just self-consciousness though; women like to "compare and contrast."

Now...as for me...breasts are just a small part of the package. Personally, I prefer the full experience, and not just a single medium. :3 Focusing on breasts alone is like buying a 12-piece crayon set, only you get nothing but 12 shades of pink.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why anyone is having a shocked or disappointed reaction to this. The only surprise here is that it didn't happen sooner. You have I believe the most popular shonen series of this time featuring very busty, and depending on your views of the artstyle, attractive ladies. Is One Piece supposed to be somehow above giving them the 3D mousepad treatment? It is a commercial property, so might as well go with what sells. Besides, they're just trying to help prevent carpal tunnel. They should be commended Wink
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
J-Syxx wrote:
The Naked Beast wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm 21. Neutral

It's normal for plenty of girls too. Two of my best friends are females who like boobs. It's just not your thing apparently. If they get too super-inflated though it tends too lose something for me though. Small breasts can also be great I will mention as well.

That's just self-consciousness though; women like to "compare and contrast."

Actually not really, they like them in the same way I do. One is a lesbian and the other is straight and only dates guys. She's slightyl bi-curious though and admits to liking looking at them. Honestly, I find the idea of liking boobs=sexist to be a bit stupid. It's only natural instinct after all.
merr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

I'm 21. Neutral

No one's been able to prove that male's have a genetic sexual attraction to breasts though. A lot of people think breast fetishism is just a cultural phenomenon, not a biological one.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Male attraction to boobs comes from the biological need to procreate, and boobs are a sign of potential health of females when it comes down to breedin'.

As for why now are we getting OP breast mouse pads, I'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Appealing to the lowest common denominator always makes money, regardless of the property.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
It's over. The anime industry is over, and because this is authorized by Shueisha, I'm just gonna go ahead and say the manga industry is over, too. This is proof of the new low it's reached, when even mainstream shonen manga has fallen victim to the moe plague.

I just feel really bad for Oda...

Um, how is this "moe"? One Piece is anything but moe, and making sexualized merchandise does not "moe"-ize it. If anything, this is a result of the old saying "sex sells". Which in this case, will undoubtedly hold true.

John Casey wrote:
Now...as for me...breasts are just a small part of the package. Personally, I prefer the full experience, and not just a single medium. :3 Focusing on breasts alone is like buying a 12-piece crayon set, only you get nothing but 12 shades of pink.

What's wrong with PINK?
/sarcasm Wink

merr wrote:
No one's been able to prove that male's have a genetic sexual attraction to breasts though. A lot of people think breast fetishism is just a cultural phenomenon, not a biological one.

A phenomenon that occurs in a majority of cultures to some degree? Okay.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I think all of you just need to familiarize yourself with the Kama Sutra. :3 Then, some of your questions will sort of get answered.
Gecko Moria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Mouse pads get!!! I don't even use a mouse. Boa!!
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

A lot of people are actually completely incorrect. Even more are total idiots who will believe anything. You sound almost like a "christian scientist" when you have to challenge people to prove something that's inherently illogical for you instead of actually pointing out solid evidence that proves it's true.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
Wow...

*facedesk*

Subtle.
PetrifiedJello wrote:
As a trackball user, I haven't used a mouse pad in a very long time and this news certainly wouldn't want me to get one again.

That's okay, folks who use optical or laser mice almost never need them either. Might as well join the throngs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10