• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: Touhou 'Bad Apple' Video Collection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rednal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
@Tsubomi: Yup. There's no looming threat of legal action as long as you note it's a fanwork, so people have taken it and run wild... And they've made some astoundingly good stuff. Just goes to show what can happen if you inspire people, eh?

@Chrno2: You have no idea. *Laughs* This barely begins to cover the Touhou fandom's sheer volume of work. In fact, this isn't even the best stuff...

@Chunx:

The website is here:

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/trend/100729/trd1007290501003-n2.htm

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about. ^^; I don't read Japanese very well, I'm afraid, but Google's translation seems to suggest this is the case, since the list also includes a fair number of politicians, celebrities, and other influential people.

Point of Interest: He's only three spots below Akira Toriyama.
giascle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
Pelianth wrote:
(And if we want to get really anal, it's not a "remix", that implies usage of the sound tracks from the original version of the piece. It's an arrangement.)

lolno. A remix is basically just a cover now; listen to more electronic music if you don't believe me.

It doesn't have to use any of the original sounds, and it doesn't even have to be the same tune; I can't tell what many of the Touhou arrangements I hear are supposed to be covering, but as long as they say they're arrangements, then who am I to say they're not?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quote
Rednal wrote:
@Chunx:

The website is here:

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/life/trend/100729/trd1007290501003-n2.htm

At least, I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about. ^^; I don't read Japanese very well, I'm afraid, but Google's translation seems to suggest this is the case, since the list also includes a fair number of politicians, celebrities, and other influential people.

Point of Interest: He's only three spots below Akira Toriyama.

Those are the rankings according to an online poll. That would tend to skew results in favour of net personalities, so ZUN's placement on the list is hardly surprising. Note that, further up the list, you've got a whole slew of people who are more popular/famous on the net than in the unplugged world -- people like Nishimura Hiroyuki at #30, and Mizuki Nana at #37.

The obvious comparison is with this.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2