• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Good Comebacks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
Early reports are saying that the next Mega Man Legends will be on the 3DS. I hope that it's just a remake and not the third game, I'm not ready to get a new system just yet...
You're outta luck my friend. Inafking speaks himself.
Shenl742 wrote:
Haterater wrote:
Generic #757858 wrote:
I'm seriously regretting buying DS Lite instead of DSi last year. In retrospect, preferring backwards compability was pretty pointless since my GBA SP is still in working condition. Shantae's looking great and they just announced Cave Story fo the DSiWare too.

I'm in the boat of still having the original DS still. Never upgraded because its still working fine. I heard that the 3DS will support DSiware, and if that's the case, I'll wait till the 3DS comes out and buy Shantae then. Very Happy

NO way I'm getting rid of my original DS. Ninentdo removing the GBA slot for the later versions was a big mistake in my opinion
Ever consider getting a GameBoy Micro? Those things are great, and I believe the DS warrants its own catalogue that it doesn't need to be shouldered by GBA games any longer.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:17 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad anyone is doing an English translation of Hotel Dusk 2. I hope Cing is still getting royalties or something, now that they've had to close down Sad.
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:47 am Reply with quote
I don't see a problem with removing the GBA slot at this point. The original DS came out 6 years ago. At that point people probably had a lot of GBA games they still wanted to play. 6 years later it's very unlikely besides for the nostalgia factor. In which case there are like a hojillion DS on the market to be had that already have the slot if you break yours or something...
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
Plus, Nintendo announced during their conference that the 3DS is gonna have its own version of the Virtual Console. They said it will let you DL classic Gameboy & Gameboy Color games (I don't remember Iwata mentioning Gameboy Advance support but, it should be a given). So, keeping the GBA legacy slot on the 3DS would be a waste of space & money.

PS: Nintendo 3DS is planned to drop in North America in 3/2011, mark your calendars & reserve early. Wink
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:

Monkey magic, monkey magic.
Monkey magic, monkey magic.

Great- now I want to play Ouendan. Thanks. Laughing

Also, I now know I must make it a point to get Shantae for the GBC- I've been meaning to get more games for that system anyway.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be cool if the "Dragonball Z hairstyle" was a nod to Goku from DBZ< because it would bring together so many of the retellings and interpretations of the original story. He's already got the headband, just like Son Goku from the Saiyuki anime.

I wonder if the monkey king in the original Journey to the West had a headband which limited his power as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
I wonder if the monkey king in the original Journey to the West had a headband which limited his power as well.

If I recall correctly, he had a headband which Tripitaka could use to give him headaches, to control him.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quote
[quote="Penguin_Factory"]
Quote:

Quote:
or a slightly censored version of Mother 3

What would need to be censored? I always wondered why this didn't come out in America.

I'm not sure how to answer that without spoiling half the game for you... ^^; Hmmmmmm... Well... The most obvious reason is probably the Magypsies (which look like cross dressers) and a couple of vaguely homosexual jokes and references. Then there's the game's story which... Well... Has a pretty hard edge to it. It's somewhat more adult than the two previous games which puts it at odds with its cutesy graphics. Long story short, the changes needed to make it accessible to US market would've required a GREAT number of changes that would probably have nerfed the game beyond so badly the hardcore fans would string up NOA and Itoi himself may have had some objections to the changes too. Honestly, I think NOA's pretty much looking the other way about fan translation since they know they can't give the fans what they want without opening themselves up to either hate from the fans for changing the game or attacks from media for "exposing children to such filth". ^^; If you want more details, I'd happy to furnish them, I just want to make sure I'm not spoiling it too much. ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3