• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
What is it with the Japanese mania for really long titles? Anyone have a handy shortening name for this, a la OreIda?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
What is it with the Japanese mania for really long titles? Anyone have a handy shortening name for this, a la OreIda?

Watamote, has been for like a year already.

wohdin wrote:
So does Japan, actually. One of the covers had something like 海外の大ヒット! (Big hit overseas!) on it, directly alluding to its immense and sudden popularity in the English-speaking world that mostly stems from /a/.

Also all them dick images the one of the creators received, which they took with grace. Yeah, 4chan's enthusiastic love of someone who either directly or emotionally relates did cause big initial sales, before it caught on with the Japanese. If you're willing to believe westerners can influence anime, but not manga, then you're just a hypocrite.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
When I followed it, the scanlating group used "loser girl" as the category tag. That better?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
today is good day... that is all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kutsu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
And we've found a title longer than 'Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen mae Hashutsujo'. Laughing
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
And we've found a title longer than 'Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen mae Hashutsujo'. Laughing

Exceedingly long titles aren't a rare occurrence.
swhitey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I might just not commit sudoku now.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I was JUST thinking about this manga yesterday and wondering if it would ever get an anime. My question has been answered. Can't say I'm excited as everyone else because while the manga is pretty realistic, it's not that "fun" or even "funny" most of the time. It's actually kind of depressing.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
swhitey wrote:
I might just not commit sudoku now.

but puzzle games are fun
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I was JUST thinking about this manga yesterday and wondering if it would ever get an anime. My question has been answered. Can't say I'm excited as everyone else because while the manga is pretty realistic, it's not that "fun" or even "funny" most of the time. It's actually kind of depressing.

That's what makes it compelling and interesting to read. Yes it's very damn dark at times however who knows how an adapt can go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

That's mostly one of the reasons why I stopped reading it towards the end. It took me WAY to long to find something to be happy for her about, and it always got ruined for her in the end. I usually feel depressed for the MC after reading a chapter and just want to hop in the manga and give her a hug.

Though I don't know the reason, but I always kept coming back to read it. No matter how much I hate about the stuff that happens to her I always come back and read it.

So yeah I'm happy this gets an anime and is surprised that the US was the reason it got so popular. No wonder on Mangafox it's like rank #142 (which isn't all that bad). WHO KNEW japan actually paid attention to us lol.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh seems like kind of stuff that I really like.Spring season is kicking ass already.The only thing needed now is that Shinichiro Watanabe anime announcement and I can start creating that time machine.
SN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quote
This feeling. This is the first time an anime has been announced for a manga I'm reading. Pretty exciting.

This feeling was quickly over-shadowed when a few minutes later I read Itoi's tweet about re-releasing/remaking the Mother trilogy.

Today IS a good day.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Kutsu wrote:

Exceedingly long titles aren't a rare occurrence.

But people have to comment on them because you know THOSE WACKY JAPANESE AND ALL.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, if it can blend the humorous and the dark together well with that premise I could see myself really enjoying.

Kind of surprised it's based on a manga and not a light novel series with that title though. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3