• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senran Kagura (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
either way, it's nice to see Hibari actually doing something. her eyes kinda creep me out and I keep thinking of Melona when I see them
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[

after main 5's master got the map from rin he notice his students were watching in give some hmm yet asuka's grandpa appear & allow them to charge into the serpent ninja base.

all good til one thing upside-down water hang time & oh rin got taken to serpent jail cause serpent boss guy is like i don't give a blah who want scroll powers while hibari is hearing all of it.

so now main ninja ready it's morphin time to ride in jet-pack kite gilder to get scroll & hibari onwards they go.

hibari give seeing how serpent ninja training is like yea very extreme training include STEROIDS ninja & after getting bath with rival 5.

cue more hearing especially that hibari's pals are charge the base give serpent boss guy say go full attack or he will take rival 5's ninja mark if they failed.

yea hibari tried to sneak out til bust-ed & tied to send to serpent jail with rin in it too & main ninja charge the castle found the door & here come the "welcome" mat. ]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
they sure do like to bathe a lot. hopefully we will have some decent fight scenes
KLAC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[
so yomi being welcome mat cue charge with ikaruga battle her while rest go charge the castle place while hibari & while after puppet ninja go take a walk hibari talk to suzune-teacher whole super ninja message.

after some quick talk cue suzune-teachrt ninja mode & escape during which yomi give reason why cause she lived a poor life while ikaruga got on tv & etc.

katsu & yagyuu got trap door oh here hikage & mirai to battle which katsu vs snake in a wrestling ring during hikage see her life being like living weapon & yagyuu vs mirai due to mirai want to be notice.

which mirai pulled a big gun from below to battle yagyuu & oh asuka here homura waiting to battle in.

hibari trying to escape here haruka which tell her life from dad too busy doing doctor & her mom treat her like a doll puppet toy give point haruka want to burn it all til suzune-teacher arrive.

so hibari call big bunny help to get haruka's boom goes boom which hibari mention the cursed crest to everyone & after hearing cue quick hit & go.

which give hibari now get "got" by haruka give yagyuu on her way to save hibari & ikaruga tell yomi she was watching tv part give ikaruga got adopted & no reason for it all. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Not really the best series a lot of the time, while boobs, skanky outfits, and ocasional interesting visual was alright, it did not really carry enough so it did not just feel like some conry.... hentai.

Overall I might rate the series as "Not really good", the thing is that I don't have many series that are like that which I end up rateing as I would not watch them all the way through, strangely I actually did not have a problem watching this despite that. I would probably call it one of the few bad shows that I actually liked, despite awknowledging it as bad. That may or may not be attributed to shower scenes, girls hanging upside down, and some extreme outfits open shirts to low open pants.

I think I just admited to being a pervert. Embarassed
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 am Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[
asuka & homura still battle give flashback that homura had trust issues due to betray a person who used homura yet while they battle bad teacher guy is trying get scroll powers.

main 5's teacher found rin/suzune give found out all this part of training project for them both main 5 & rival 5 during chase is on each on main 5 & rival 5 to climb to top floor even with a combine bunny-squid ride?

til bad teacher guy appear reveal he used them now take over ninja world so cue "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" alliance team-up while asuka & homura had battle orochi while rest battle ninja robots.

give own'd ninja robot yet asuka & homura look like yikes til everyone used ninja power give asuka & homura full ninja spirit to beat orochi yet now chase bad teacher guy.

til he teeth press bombs to blow up dark ninja school with everyone in it cause i don't give a whatever speech so rival 5 go rescue their students while rin/suzume go grab & drag down bad teacher guy to "burn".

so time pass main 5 all fine give wonder happen rival 5 give their school damage no body were found give knew there hiding & know they will be back so main 5 waiting for them to return. ]
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12 (finale)

Not really the best series a lot of the time, while boobs, skanky outfits, and ocasional interesting visual was alright, it did not really carry enough so it did not just feel like some conry.... hentai.

Overall I might rate the series as "Not really good", the thing is that I don't have many series that are like that which I end up rateing as I would not watch them all the way through, strangely I actually did not have a problem watching this despite that. I would probably call it one of the few bad shows that I actually liked, despite awknowledging it as bad. That may or may not be attributed to shower scenes, girls hanging upside down, and some extreme outfits open shirts to low open pants.

I think I just admited to being a pervert. Embarassed
The series got pretty shameless with the fanservice, but the fights were good enough and the series really didn't take itself too seriously, or rather it knew its limits and didn't attempt to overreach. So I'd say it's enjoyable because it manages to avoid doing anything too badly(and thus avoids obvious flaws), rather than by truly excelling.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote
So it works as a not very good anime that knows it is not very good, and thus is not pretending it something it isn't.

Suppose now I should mention that I rolled my eyes and felt my attention/IQ drop each time they had a sushi roll bit. And why didn't she just spoiler[stab the guy instead of suicidally taking him down], I am sure she had multiple choices, and she chose one of the dumbest choices.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I was very much expecting her to do that, instead of what she did. After all, spoiler[wouldn't the length of the fall give him more time to activate the yoke technique than goring his brains]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale
Well damn, Homura and her past ;.;

But ya, this series was just an eye candy and a way to pass time rather than watching for seriousness. Well, I haven't played the game from which this series was adapted from anyways so I have no idea if there were plot changes.

Anyways, the episode's fight was okay. Teamwork! I'm not surprised about the spoiler[betrayal] though. Selfish people do selfish things in this series. Meh ending to this meh series. I'll rate it as Weak for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd have enjoyed it more if the fanservice and nudity were more loose and prevalent. The story and characters were really enough to hold interest, but the design work and attractive color palettes weren't turning me away either. In contrast, Ikki Tousen may have more nudity, but I find it far uglier of a series overall, and even less interesting when half of the characters are emotionless brick walls.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'd have enjoyed it more if the fanservice and nudity were more loose and prevalent. The story and characters were really enough to hold interest, but the design work and attractive color palettes weren't turning me away either. In contrast, Ikki Tousen may have more nudity, but I find it far uglier of a series overall, and even less interesting when half of the characters are emotionless brick walls.

Well, Vol 1 comes out in two days so we'll probably find out via Sankaku Complex what the BD's have to offer
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I generally found this to be a cute and sexy show. I gave it a "Decent" rating. Certainly nothing earth-shattering, but not a bad way to kill 22-ish minutes a week.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
The last episode is great despite the unnecessary part where spoiler[Rin sacrificed herself with the main villain]. It's brushed off with a happy ending anyway so that scene just feels pointless. And nice homage to Shana with Homura's transformation.

It's definitely an enjoyable show for me. Ok action, great fanservice, and likable characters. Hoping for another season with more characters.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking Rin was invoking the spoiler[Redemption equals death] trope. wasn't the best thing in the world, but I came for the large bouncy breasts and I was not disappointed. Had some pretty cool fight scenes and interesting uses of ninjitsu. I'll give it a decent
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5