• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
O2K3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Haha, and boy do they ever pick bad anime... Anime hyper it's great...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Ah, MAT3K. I can't wait until this year. It's great laughing your ass off with over a thousand otaku. Heh heh heh. Maybe we'll get better seats this year.

Lots of workers here are going! You gotta carry signs so we know who you are if/when we see you. What are we gonna cosplay as sis-tah?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hotaru's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:22 pm Reply with quote
That all depends on if you big sister can get small enough intime. Wink
Judau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:54 am Reply with quote
I cannot wait to see more fanfilms too... man, that Eva fan-dub was SO hilarious... Gendo wanting to be the Uber Pimp... go figure... Anime smile and the great AMV contest.... yeah, memories....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I've planned to go to Otakon this year, it's not that far a drive and sounds like alot of fun.

I've never been to a convention either, so it'll make it extra fun!
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:08 am Reply with quote
Judau wrote:
I cannot wait to see more fanfilms too... man, that Eva fan-dub was SO hilarious... Gendo wanting to be the Uber Pimp... go figure... Anime smile

"It's Gendo *wah-chicka wah-chicka wah-chicka wah-chika*"

Yeah, that's Evangelion: ReDeath, a classic! Also worth checking are RoadBusted (a Riding Bean fan parody) and Koko wa Otaku (featuring animation from Koko wa Greenwood), and the best of the best, This is Otakudom (which I've seen an unhealthy number of times). If anyone wants a copy of Otakudom on VCD I could probably hook you up, just shoot me a PM. Wink

Uh, back on topic, is this anyones first year going? I went last year for the first time and loved it, even If I did spend my first hour outside in the cold rain. Confused I probably wont make it this year, the funds just aren't there, but I should have the money next year!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:28 am Reply with quote
Yup, I'll be there - still working on the costume part though. Would love to meet up with people to say hi! I shouldn't be too hard to spot in or out of costume - can't recall seeing too many *very* pregnant otaku wandering around the con in past years Wink

Have yet to make it to MAT3K or cosplay - cosplay line is usually waaayyy too long. We'll see what happens this year.

Hope to see some of you there!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Last year was my first but we had 6 hours to get three days worth of fun in....hardly worth it. This year we plan on being all 3 days. I am bringing 3-4 others with me, not sure if we will do a cos-play or not, but I would defenitly like to know who you all are going as so we could meet up and junk, if even for a minute or two. I'll have to find some kind of cheap costume, school boy or cardboard wings and what-not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hotaru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I wonder...what costumes are gonna be popular this year?
thebaron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru wrote:
I wonder...what costumes are gonna be popular this year?

Insert most popular anime of the year ;)

Hope to see tons of you there and hopefully I won't be too busy to miss most of the good events again while playing in the video ops area.
Jeff-Kleist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
oh, and MAT3k... wow, I can't wait to watch more of that great stuff... they really need to find a way to get that online or something (I don't know if they are allowed to sell them)... I know they talked aobut it at the panel last year, but I forgot what they said...

We're going to attempt to put the scripts online at some point. It's all a matter of time, as we like to THINK we have real lives outside of Otakon Smile
And no, before anyone asks I can't tell you what this year's movie is, other than it probably can't suck worse than Attack of the Supermonsters did, because then it (all together now) Wouldn't be a MYSTERY. I still don't know how Kzin stood watching it 30 times to time the show.

Quote:
Ever heard of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where a guy and two robots sit in a movie theater and make snide comments about a really bad movie? Kinda like that but with anime..

Kinda? So we put about $4-500 into the bots for exacting replication for nothing? Smile

Jeff "Gypsy" Kleist
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Jeff-Kleist wrote:

Quote:
Ever heard of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where a guy and two robots sit in a movie theater and make snide comments about a really bad movie? Kinda like that but with anime..

Kinda? So we put about $4-500 into the bots for exacting replication for nothing? Smile

Jeff "Gypsy" Kleist

Umm...I was just stating what it is. (Granted, I saw it when I went to Otakon 2K and didn't like it, but I'm chalking it up to the fact that I was sitting where I couldn't see anything....equipment was in the way.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Judau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
"It's Gendo *wah-chicka wah-chicka wah-chicka wah-chika*"

haha, how could I forget that?! Anime smile

Emerje wrote:
and the best of the best, This is Otakudom (which I've seen an unhealthy number of times). If anyone wants a copy of Otakudom on VCD I could probably hook you up, just shoot me a PM. Wink

*PMs*
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:53 pm Reply with quote
my first year.

hopefully I'm going as Hikaru and my brothers gonna be Sai (Hikaru no Go) but if that doesn't work out I think I might be Otakon from Metal Gear Solid.

is the stuff being sold there gonna be cheaper then a normel store or online?
Ian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote="JETBLACK87"]my first year.

hopefully I'm going as Hikaru and my brothers gonna be Sai (Hikaru no Go) but if that doesn't work out I think I might be Otakon from Metal Gear Solid.

is the stuff being sold there gonna be cheaper then a normel store or online?[/quote]

Theres a Starbucks in the Convention Center that sells the usual at the usual price (slighlty higher or lower pending on your locality) but everythng else are vendors, so its lower, higher ,same. Just remember that you can swindle alot of them (except for the artist tables) and get stuff cheaper than priced.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3