• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast Fractale Starting Tomorrow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
One day in advance? That's kinda short notice.

Definitely relieved, though, I was afraid I would have to fansub it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Very cool. I think Fractale and Wandering Son are the last two Winter titles I wanted to check out. I actually prefer CR streaming, because as an Anime member there, I'm not irritated by ads which kind of drive me crazy on the Funi site.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Funimation and another experiment, here we go. Wonder if this one will be popular enough to deserve DVD releases.

I also thought I'd have to fansub it. Those thoughts proved true. Wink
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see what the silly dance in the OP or ED will be.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh bother, I was hoping Funimation would stream Hourou Musuko. I suppose I shouldn't really complain - at least it's streaming legally somewhere...
macloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
As great as the news about funimation streaming fracta
le is for me, the fact that, yet again, it'll mean another anime series thats locked out for UK fans leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
:'-(

Last edited by macloud on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
And with this announcement, I'm pleased to say that all of the new season's shows that I'm seriously interested in are being streamed legally. I wasn't sure such a day would ever come.

I wish I could say that, since I'm interested in Madoka Magica. Still, considering I've decided to try at least the first episodes of 7 series this season, and only one of them will have to be fansubbed...yeah. That's a pretty good track record.

I'm definitely relieved Funi picked up this series, I was starting to get worried that it'd slip by. I hope it does well for them, I don't want them to give up on the noitaminA block.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
One day in advance? That's kinda short notice.

Definitely relieved, though, I was afraid I would have to fansub it.
Given that this is Funimation, shouldn't that be "Wow! Announcement in Advance!" It may be that Funimation is climbing the simulcast streaming learning curve.

Still a mystery if TAN or ANN are doing anything ~ and TAN would normally have announced by now going by their past three seasons, so they might be taking a pass on Winter 2011, or might be in negotiation limbo.

garfield15 wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
I'm still a little curious as to why Funi isn't simulcasting Wandering Son and Crunchyroll is, being as it is a Noitamina show.
CR purchased Wandering Son from Aniplex.
You mean they went in for the full rights, like with Aoi Hana? Or that FujiTV passed on gaining the int'l rights so it lay outside the deal between Funimation and FujiTV?
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Happy to say that all but one of my "want-to-see" list is available legally now.

Looking forward to Fractale and Wandering Son, but so far my favorite series is Level E.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
I'm still a little curious as to why Funi isn't simulcasting Wandering Son and Crunchyroll is, being as it is a Noitamina show.
CR purchased Wandering Son from Aniplex.
You mean they went in for the full rights, like with Aoi Hana? Or that FujiTV passed on gaining the int'l rights so it lay outside the deal between Funimation and FujiTV?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/wandering-son - "Publisher: Aniplex"
http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/fractale - "Publisher: Fuji Creative Corporation"

FUNi's exclusivity deal is with Fuji, so they only get shows where Fuji deals with the international rights. It appears that for whatever reason Wandering Son was structured differently so it was open for bidding from Aniplex.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
rhetoricalnoise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm also interested in checking this out after reading Brian Ru's recent Brain Diving article.

This may not be the best place for this, but I have a few questions about streaming. Since Funimation is handling this show, does that mean that it will show up on Hulu? Do all Funimation Simulcast shows appear on Hulu?

Last year I ago I signed up for Hulu Plus so I could watch streaming shows on my PS3 and was bummed to discover that Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves weren't available through that service because they didn't have TV broadcast rights or something along those lines. Does anyone know if there have been any improvements in that area? If not on the PS3 front, how about on a device like the Roku Box?

Thanks!
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
It appears that for whatever reason Wandering Son was structured differently so it was open for bidding from Aniplex.
OK. We don't know, however, whether that was the cause of Funimation not getting the license, or whether Funimation not wanting the license was the cause of the international streaming rights going to Aniplex.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Very cool. I think Fractale and Wandering Son are the last two Winter titles I wanted to check out. I actually prefer CR streaming, because as an Anime member there, I'm not irritated by ads which kind of drive me crazy on the Funi site.

I take it you don't watch much local TV then? Razz

And so it's lookin' like all but 1 show I'm interested in are being made available legally. Nice.

Personally, though, I wish FUNi would get/make a better player for their own site. Between CR, Hulu, Youtube, ANN, and FUNi's own player, the latter one gives me 99.99% of the streaming problems/annoyances I have. Hopefully they'll use the Hulu player? Still gonna watch regardless...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Great. Another interesting series that will only be streamed in Canada via shitty youtube streams. Thanks Funimation!
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Great. Another interesting series that will only be streamed in Canada via shitty youtube streams. Thanks Funimation!
For Moyashimon and Princess Jellyfish, the 480p youtube streams were the best quality out there, so I don't know what you are complaining about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5