• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ken Groove Sues Nutech Digital

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Sucks for Nutech. Well, I hope they go bankrupt. 1 episode disc is BS and won't see my money. (not too mention, the subs timed with the dub. Anime hyper )
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
guyverfanboy wrote:
Sucks for Nutech. Well, I hope they go bankrupt. 1 episode disc is BS and won't see my money. (not too mention, the subs timed with the dub. Anime hyper )

According to what I read in their latest financial profile, I'm surprised they haven't filed Chapter 11 yet.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
guyverfanboy wrote:

According to what I read in their latest financial profile, I'm surprised they haven't filed Chapter 11 yet.

A pile of BGC Tapes says they do it within 6 months.
MagicGunner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I'll venture even sooner than that. Their current liabilities is at $2,785,000 as of end of last year. Add their long term debt, and they owe nearly 3 and a half million. Paying Ken Groove a few hundred thousands is the least of their concerns.

It seems that Lee Kasper (the CEO) has been buying up his own company's stock little by little, as the stock prices have been sinking. I'd be dumping that stock, if I were him. 'Course, that would destroy the company in the process after everyone hears about it.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
part of the addendum wrote:
The list of titles in that article was provided to ANN by Ken Grove's legal counsel, and we believe it to be 100% correct, but our automated system incorrectly linked Blue Eyes to the identically named manga.

That's quite all right. At least for me. The automated system does seem to have a field day sometimes with names.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
MagicGunner wrote:
I'll venture even sooner than that. Their current liabilities is at $2,785,000 as of end of last year. Add their long term debt, and they owe nearly 3 and a half million. Paying Ken Groove a few hundred thousands is the least of their concerns.

It seems that Lee Kasper (the CEO) has been buying up his own company's stock little by little, as the stock prices have been sinking. I'd be dumping that stock, if I were him. 'Course, that would destroy the company in the process after everyone hears about it.

It also seems that Yahoo has only 3 years worth of data on their financials.
FY ending Dec 2002, they loss $918,000
FY ending Dec 2003, the made $307,000
FY ending Dec 2004, the loss $1,235,000
For a total 3 year loss of $1,846,000

They went public at around Oct 03 at $.50 a share, hit a high of $1.50 a share near the end of Jan 04, and since has lost all of its value.

The CEO makes $413,000, the Vice Pres makes $128,000 and the Director and Accountant makes $62,000.

They have $126,000 in total cash, a debt of $1.49 million.

If I understand a balance sheet correctly, total assets and liabilities are supposed to equal each other.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
MagicGunner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
MagicGunner wrote:

It also seems that Yahoo has only 3 years worth of data on their financials.
FY ending Dec 2002, they loss $918,000
FY ending Dec 2003, the made $307,000
FY ending Dec 2004, the loss $1,235,000
For a total 3 year loss of $1,846,000

They went public at around Oct 03 at $.50 a share, hit a high of $1.50 a share near the end of Jan 04, and since has lost all of its value.

The CEO makes $413,000, the Vice Pres makes $128,000 and the Director and Accountant makes $62,000.

They have $126,000 in total cash, a debt of $1.49 million.

If I understand a balance sheet correctly, total assets and liabilities are supposed to equal each other.

It's actually assets = liabilities + stockholder's equity. They're using rounded numbers on the financial data, so it's off by $1,000.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:26 am Reply with quote
MagicGunner wrote:

Considering that Dubya has messed with the Bankruptcy Laws, i'd say that it'll take sometime for them to do the paperwork to file for bankruptcy.
Penfold1999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote
But the bankruptcy Code changes have not taken effect and a majority of them are oriented towards individuals, not corporations. Thus Nu-Tech could seek bankruptcy protection, of course that would stay Ken Groove's action, but Ken Groove's could assert their claim in Bankr. Ct.[/code]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2