• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster Slated for March

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Yeah, and doesn't that say a lot about the writers? A character who by no means should have any ability at all to be a military strategist suddenly can because they want the cute singer character to have a bigger impact on the plot?

It's called bad writing.

You are focused on her being a "singer" as if thats the only thing she's capable of doing.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
My point is it's all she should be able to do. We're supposed to believe she's a singer AND military leader? Give me a break. What, is she a great writer, stock car racer, artist, philosopher, and chef, too? It's asking the viewer to extend their suspension of disbelief too far. What even makes her qualified to be a military leader? Nothing, except that she's suddenly able to be.

She's all things to all people, and yet lacks any discernable personality traits. I believe that there's a term for such a character that usually refers to fanfiction characters...

Then again, she is a Coordinator. But still.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
My point is it's all she should be able to do. We're supposed to believe she's a singer AND military leader?

Errr...why not?

No, seriously. Why are these two things mutually exclusive?
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
You're ALL wrong! Everyone knows G Gundam is the best Gundam of the franchise! It has more creativity in it than all other series! And it has the best approach to different cultures!

Anyways, speaking of Lacus' merits of commanding an army, she has charisma, and that is literally all you need to control a gullible mass of people. I hate to pull up Godwin's Law, but...try to think of a certain nobody with absolutely nothing at his disposal other than an amazing sense of style and lots of charisma who also managed to take control of an army, nay, an entire country. Lacus is atleast born as a daughter of someone with some level of prominence, and therefore far higher level of education. People far less qualified than Lacus have done far more than her in history.

I hate to break it to you, but it seriously doesn't take much to qualify to taking command of an army or nation as history has repeatedly shown. Now add in anime as a factor.
Panzer Vor wrote:

And you seem to forget that the presence of giant robots is of absolutely zero relevance to the issue that genetics simply does not work the way the Destiny Plan wants it to work. Occupations and career paths are simply not a matter of genetics.

*whoosh!*

You completely missed the point there dude...don't try to associate the robots with the genetics. Try to figure out what their existence implies. Try to figure out what the existence of coordinators and everything that relates to it implies. It's very simple.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Ya know, for a sequel to a show with a bunch of flaws as part of a franchise that has some mediocrity in it, people can't seem to stop talking about it. Nothing implied by that comment for the record. I was just making an observation.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
You're ALL wrong! Everyone knows G Gundam is the best Gundam of the franchise! It has more creativity in it than all other series! And it has the best approach to different cultures!

I hope you're not being sarcastic. G Gundam IS one of the best Gundam series and who cares how they handle other cultures? Unlike the characters in Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny, the characters ACTUALLY go through a phase called, I dunno, CHARACTER development, the story is better and the Mobile Fighters are powerful, without ruining any sense of challenge. Unlike the ∞ Justice vs Destiny AND Impulse. Not to mention, no Gundam in the CE era can outperform Master Gundam. Hell, even Altron Gundam could outperform most Gundams in the CE era.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:59 am Reply with quote
DomonX2 wrote:

I hope you're not being sarcastic. G Gundam IS one of the best Gundam series and who cares how they handle other cultures? Unlike the characters in Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny, the characters ACTUALLY go through a phase called, I dunno, CHARACTER development, the story is better and the Mobile Fighters are powerful, without ruining any sense of challenge. Unlike the ∞ Justice vs Destiny AND Impulse. Not to mention, no Gundam in the CE era can outperform Master Gundam. Hell, even Altron Gundam could outperform most Gundams in the CE era.

The rare moments when I'm actually not being sarcastic.......and people still think I'm being sarcastic. Confused
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Ya know, for a sequel to a show with a bunch of flaws as part of a franchise that has some mediocrity in it, people can't seem to stop talking about it. Nothing implied by that comment for the record. I was just making an observation.

Meh, it's a popular sequel to a popular series, that's all. Its "badness" has a meme status, people can't shut up about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6