• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I certainly wasn't expecting her to be spoiler[such an M].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
All that spoiler[titty-twisting] made me very uncomfy. Not my fave episode.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes that wasn't the best episode. I was disturbed by that groping o.o.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
So it was confirmed that Yeti is a girl. I gave this a Good.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote
those poor dolphins. So, not much to say, other than I enjoyed this show a lot and thought it was hilarious. Very Good
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

One would think that Hii-chan did not like dolphins either for what she was doing spoiler[putting them in the hot spring]. I guess I enjoyed the light fanservice and comedy of the last episode, not much to really say. I give the series a Very good for some really good gags, it is shorter than most series so its problems did not usually overstay their welcome too much.

Some parts came off as one off jokes, so another season could be nice as there is room for more jokes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
OVA

Laughing That was really funny, and it was mostly a single story stretched over a longer period. Well at least it was funny in my opinion

What Muromi-san excels at most is when it is being so very very wrong, like the most likely underage drinking, and turning fairy tails into perversions of desperation and hangovers. A spoiler[drug deal] that that the show did not convincingly say it wasn't, even having a spoiler[needle], of course the character doing so being a spoiler[disgruntled removed] manga character voiced by spoiler[Satomi Arai] made it even funnier.

And then there was Mana-chan, who was about as spoiler[shallow a lolicon bait you could get of a mermaid]. Her increasingspoiler[ tee-heeing] becoming increasingly annoying. But also planning to spoiler[sell her swimsuit], spoiler[sucking a cucumber more erotically] than any of the other characters, then spoiler[accepting the rich pretty boy prince's proposal] for "spoiler[lots of pocket change]". And then course blatant asking for spoiler[him to fertilize her eggs and yaying to an orgy], I expected that twist, but not what followed (probably should have).

And we had a strange cameo of Hans Christian Andersen, looking like the spoiler[other Anderson].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
good lord, that was all kinds of bizarre. spoiler[Father Anderson] is a dick
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
The OVA felt weird although I somehow did expected that "spoiler[pretty boy]" to not be who he is.

Well at least this one was over 25 minutes long which is over double the time of the regular episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:42 am Reply with quote
So I sat down to watch a show while home sick and accidentally loaded up this one (don't ask how that happened) and loved it. I saw ep1 when it was new but tanking the whole thing and the OVA turned out to be non-stop hilarity, relieving my sickness a bit (laughter DOES work) and was unaffected by mood changes that might have come if I'd watched it every week as it aired.

My favourite gags were likely Hans Christian Andersen, Levia-san's name and the cel phones. I loved all the history tie-ins and am considering if this show has the largest number of "oldest" main characters of anything I've seen. There's so many animes with gods in them but there usually aren't this many of those so this show might still win.

The most memorable moment for me would actually be spoiler[Mana and the cucumber]. Dayum that girl is a freakin' pro. ... What are you looking at me like that for?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote
Cucumbers are yummy!

The OVA did a good job of reminding me that I miss the series. Seems like everybody got a spot - I would love to have seen more of that strange hibernating creature because I love the seiyuu's voice.

I should have realized who the "rich pretty boy" prince was the second he zeroed in on Mana-chan Man-chester (I wonder if the English city was named after a loli?)
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am Reply with quote
I grew up thinking it was named after a man... named Chester. I remember asking my grampy why it wasn't "Chester man" and he said "It's a place, not a superhero."

I also noticed how that tsuchinoko's voice was just so pleasant. Season 2 with an unchanged format please:)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3