• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (manga)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackBassV

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
This title (#4025) was published by comics one as Ginga legend Weed.

The problem is, there's no link between them, and the error reporting page doen't allow this to be reported.

I discovered this when trying to add GLW to the Alternative titles list.

JBV^_^
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote
What you want to do is report this (preferably with links to the respective Encyclopedia entries) in the Duplicate anime/manga titles thread, and then wait for it to be corrected. (This will usually take weeks, sometimes months, unless an Encyclopedia staff member is feeling particularly energetic.)
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
What you want to do is report this (preferably with links to the respective Encyclopedia entries) in the Duplicate anime/manga titles thread, and then wait for it to be corrected. (This will usually take weeks, sometimes months, unless an Encyclopedia staff member is feeling particularly energetic.)

Not all the staff members have the same powers. =/ If I had the ability to merge anime titles, which I don't, I'd've taken care of it. Please just try to be patient. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

Not all the staff members have the same powers. =/ If I had the ability to merge anime titles, which I don't, I'd've taken care of it. Please just try to be patient. ;_;

<grimace> I suppose I should have been more specific--the Encyclopedia staff are volunteers, and are currently overwhelmed with the work that needs to be done. As for you, Michi, it was you I was thinking of when I used the phrase "particularly energetic". ("Michi genki desu!") ^_^ I personally think that you deserve a rights/permissions "promotion" for the work you've done, so that you can handle title merges and other problems currently beyond your abilities.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Not all the staff members have the same powers.

Michi's right. IIRC only Chris and Dan could merge titles.

Michi wrote:
If I had the ability to merge anime titles, which I don't, I'd've taken care of it. Please just try to be patient. Anime cry

Hold right there. To both JackBassV and Michi: Yoshihiro Takahashi has drawn many doggie manga with similar titles. Ginga Legend Weed (銀牙伝説ウィード) is much more recent (first tankoubon published in Jan. 2000) than Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (銀牙―流れ星銀), which was published with two versions, one as early as July 1984 (which started serialization in 1983). Therefore, those are definately two different series. I wonder if Comic One had made a mistake (it's not uncommon).

Oh, and acronyms are not allowed as alternate titles. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1