• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Flag Vol. 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falconsedge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone I'm new here and had a question for everyone. Recently I bought volume one of the Flag anime series and loved it. I already have volumes three and four on the way, but I can't find volume two anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find it? I really want to watch the rest of the series! Thanks Very Happy
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Flag Vol 2 is one of those notorious Bandai discs that had encoding/authoring errors in certain dvds. I think Bandai had a replacement program at the time it came out. I'm not sure, but this may be the reason it's so rare when compared to the others. Here is a link for an amazon.ca listing, and they ship internationally as well:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B000WZAE2M/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1370120415&sr=1-5
falconsedge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Flag Vol 2 is one of those notorious Bandai discs that had encoding/authoring errors in certain dvds. I think Bandai had a replacement program at the time it came out. I'm not sure, but this may be the reason it's so rare when compared to the others. Here is a link for an amazon.ca listing, and they ship internationally as well:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B000WZAE2M/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1370120415&sr=1-5

You are amazing! I've only been looking at the American Amazon store. I would have never thought about this thank you! Very Happy
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
^^
Is that legit? Last time I tried to buy a rare oop dvd like this it was eventually just cancled.
falconsedge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
It said they had some left in stock so I went for it. If it ends up falling through I'll be sure to let you know.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
^^
Is that legit? Last time I tried to buy a rare oop dvd like this it was eventually just cancled.

Well it's not Amazon.ca itself, it's a marketplace seller. If you placed your order directly with Amazon it probably would be canceled. I don't know about that particular marketplace seller, but they have %100 positive feedback.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
^^

Well it's not Amazon.ca itself, it's a marketplace seller. If you placed your order directly with Amazon it probably would be canceled. I don't know about that particular marketplace seller, but they have %100 positive feedback.

I know, its happened with both amazon and sellers. They put up a practically impossible to find dvd for cheap then they pull the rug out from under ya. Tried to get the last hayate combat butler when it was like $30 and that happened.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

I know, its happened with both amazon and sellers. They put up a practically impossible to find dvd for cheap then they pull the rug out from under ya. Tried to get the last hayate combat butler when it was like $30 and that happened.

I had a similar experience with the Yukikaze Bluray at one point. I guess if you don't receive your dvd it shouldn't be too difficult to get your money back from Amazon (it wasn't for me anyways).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quote
I wish you luck in your search sir. That show is very very good. Everyone that has an appreciation for the medium should see it.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I wish you luck in your search sir. That show is very very good. Everyone that has an appreciation for the medium should see it.

You mean Yukikaze or Flag? I've given up on finding the domestic Honneamise release of Yukikaze, I may eventually get the Japanese re-release. Maybe it was the excitement of actually finding a copy that interested me more than the show itself. Laughing
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

You mean Yukikaze or Flag? I've given up on finding the domestic Honneamise release of Yukikaze, I may eventually get the Japanese re-release. Maybe it was the excitement of actually finding a copy that interested me more than the show itself. Laughing

I think he means Flag, which if he is, I agree wholeheartedly in that it was an excellent show.

Yukikaze isn't a very good show from what I hear+if I recall.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
So I hurried to get this once I noticed they only had one left. Got it and the whole bottom was crushed. It sucks. Hope it gets rescued by someone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1