• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Welcome to Fuccons Week.

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
Nunka wrote:

Thank God. I can't imagine anyone would like Fuccons. There's a fine line between creepy and nightmare-inducing. Shocked

Actually....
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
joel_s95387 wrote:
The other day I was at Best Buy and saw the new ADV release GHOST STORIES or something like that and ADV placed a sticker quoting ANN and I was like ¨Cool I like that website¨ so I kinda saw this coming. You know kinda I scratch your back you scratch mine kinda thing.

I love getting ANN quoted on boxes. But because we don't give a lot of glowing reviews it doesn't happen all that often. Sad

-t
xstylus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:40 am Reply with quote
Nunka wrote:

Thank God. I can't imagine anyone would like Fuccons. There's a fine line between creepy and nightmare-inducing. Shocked

Hey, speak for yourself dude! I like that "so creepy it's funny" kind of thing.

I'll give it a try, but it won't be because of this advertising push. In fact, these kinds of media circuses often end up pushing me away from products out of principle. It did for Full Metal Alchemist when I was at AX-Tokyo.

In the single week I was there I saw so much hype for it that I just could NOT escape seeing a poster, video clip, or hearing the intro music jingle whereever I went. By the time I got home I was so sick of FMA that it took me until now to get around to trying it.

Last edited by xstylus on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Nunka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Nunka wrote:

Actually....

Any normal person, that is. Wink
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
Nunka wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:
Nunka wrote:

Actually....

Any normal person, that is. Wink

Hey, I'm perfectly normal. Razz
scaper8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
Right now I'm feeling very scared Crying or Very sad and confused Question. But at least it's just a week, right?
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
"Selling Out" has the word "Sell" and "Out" in it for a reason.

I hope you guys make enough to cover what ever may or might not be lost for it, becouse i know i wont be coming back any time this week nor every buying this awful show

Now if this was a actual hand drawn animation i could kind of see it, but its not even drawn, and i have still not found the relevence to this "Fuccons" which sounds a whole lot like "Fockers" to ANN besides the fact that ADV owns it, i mean if *instert non anime compainy* came up and said i will pay you XXXX+ amount of money to convert your site into a billboard for a show about a american mannuiqien(sp) family in japan with low enough budget to not even animate them would you still do it?

Some one show me this relevence he mentioned

*edit* im sorry he said interest, not relevence

Last edited by AnimEdge on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
South Park has a low-budget, and people like it.
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quote
I think its fine for ANN to do these promotions. What ever it takes for ANN to be able to grow or just survive is fine by me.
Now the fuccons I do not think is for me though after veiwing the trailer I was unimpressed. I think the hole stop animated doll thing is crap IMO. If the show is funny you would not know it by the trailer. Rolling Eyes
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
Oh, shut up all of you, no one wants to listen to you complain. If you don't like looking at it, then change the skin and stop your blubbering. And don't bother ranting about 'sell-outs'. There IS no such thing as a sell-out - this is capitalism, and everything that exists within the spectrum of capitalisism exists to make gain. If someone paid you 50 bucks to put a banner add on your Myspace, you wouldn't even think twice, of course you'd do it. If I got the offer, my LJ would be chock full with ads, and I'd use the money to buy art supplies. Heck yeah.

Next you're going to start saying that rock and roll isn't about money and sex and drugs. Blasphemy, says I!

I don't mind the advertising, staffers...after all, it's only a week. As long as it's not long-term or permanent, I have no problems. However, the bright colors started to irritate my eyes, so I change the skin anyway...I didn't realize people made their own skins for the site! :) I'm using the Angel Santuary one, and it's quite lovely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
Am I the only person who was filled with glee upon seeing this?

I like the Fuccons, but seriously -- the whole imagery is so whacked, I certainly don't mind seeing it splashed on ANN for a day or two, just for shits and giggles.

I can only hope A18 does the same thing for Nightshift Nurses. Twisted Evil
Panon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
This is the worst thing I've seen since McIGN.

I mean Jesus Christ, if you're going to sell AnimeNewsNetwork out, couldn't it at least be for, you know, something that's actually anime?
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
This site is about Anime News, not flashy advertisment
and this isnt just a little banner ad, the whole site is red and yellow, it means that not only a little banner can be bought, but the site itself as well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
AnimEdge wrote:
This site is about Anime News, not flashy advertisment
and this isnt just a little banner ad, the whole site is red and yellow, it means that not only a little banner can be bought, but the site itself as well

Yes, just look at how all the site content says "ADV RULES" and all the reviews have been changed to say "FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS FUCCONS"

Oh wait...
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quote
...it does
i mean every pages has it, its on the skin, sure it can be changed but what a bad way of making everyone learn about how to change the skin, i mean why not McANN, they wouldnt even have to change the colors some easy money there

*edit*
and why not, im sure Mc has ran some Pokemon happy meals, thats about as relevent a reason as this is
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 13