• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Dub Actors

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:41 am Reply with quote
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:
arxane wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Mimi Woods was Kusanagi and Christopher Joyce was Togusa in the first movie.

Ironic, because Mimi Woods played Kusanagi Motoko first in Ghost in the Shell.

I remember that too.But there's a problem with the notice.It says on the web site that the voice of batou is the same from the two movies,but there a problem with that.Cause I remember,the english actor for batou in the 1st one was richarad cox,after seeing the credits.But in the series,the voice actor for him is different and i don't know on the 2nd one.So how could the the voice of batou remain the same throughout the two movies and the TV series when the credits say otherwise?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:46 am Reply with quote
Because he used Aliaseseseseses.
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
batou in the 1st one was richarad cox

Correction. It was Richard George, not Richard Cox.
Thus
Steventheeunuch wrote:

no, he didn't use aliases, because it was a completely different person.
Richard Cox is the dude from Wales, working in Blue Water and Ocean studios. *crap dubs* (Ocean/Blue Water that is) Laughing
There's a big difference there.

Last edited by Kusanagi_Kei on Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
patch wrote:
Think it's great new Mary E. Mcglynn is reprising as Kusanagi. I'm just hoping she is the ADR Director for this.

She isn't, Richard Epcar is.

Oh well, I'm still happy to hear about the cast though. Thanks for the heads up tempest.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Kusanagi-Kei wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
batou in the 1st one was richarad cox

Correction. It was Richard George, not Richard Cox.
Thus
Steventheeunuch wrote:

no, he didn't use aliases, because it was a completely different person.
Richard Cox is the dude from Wales, working in Blue Water and Ocean studios. *crap dubs* (Ocean/Blue Water that is) :lol:
There's a big difference there.

I've read this post a couple times now and I still don't know exactly what you're saying.

That Richard George isn't Batou? That Richard Cox is in Canada, is the voice of InuYasha, and couldn't have anything less to do with GitS? I'm not sure here. Help a brotha out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
patch wrote:
Think it's great new Mary E. Mcglynn is reprising as Kusanagi. I'm just hoping she is the ADR Director for this.

-t

Nope. Richard Epcar is Batou who he also voiced in the English version of the series. McGlynn is the Major Motoko Kusanagi who she also does in the English version of the series.

What probably ticks me off the most is that Dreamworks won't import this version.

They didn't just screw us out of an English dub, but English subtitles as well. I will never forgive them for that.

http://new.petitiononline.com/GITS/petition.html
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:
tempest wrote:
patch wrote:

-t

Nope. Richard Epcar is Batou who he also voiced in the English version of the series. McGlynn is the Major Motoko Kusanagi who she also does in the English version of the series.

What probably ticks me off the most is that Dreamworks won't import this version.

They didn't just screw us out of an English dub, but English subtitles as well. I will never forgive them for that.

http://new.petitiononline.com/GITS/petition.html

I think you're a bit confused. It's rather common for ADR directors to either cast themselves in their projects, or for dub actors to "rise in the ranks" so to speak, and become ADR writers/directors. Witness: Wendee Lee and Steve Blum writing and directing various projects like Megaman and Digimon.

Also, Petitiononline. Ouch. That'll sure scare them Hollywood fatcats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:

I think you're a bit confused. It's rather common for ADR directors to either cast themselves in their projects, or for dub actors to "rise in the ranks" so to speak, and become ADR writers/directors. Witness: Wendee Lee and Steve Blum writing and directing various projects like Megaman and Digimon.

Also, Petitiononline. Ouch. That'll sure scare them Hollywood fatcats!

Yeah I got confused about what the other poster said.

I do know that Epcar is the English ADR director for Bobobo.

And yes, petitiononline probably won't do anything, but I figured, there's nothing to lose from it. I didn't even make it.

A petition was made regarding the English subtitles issue and Dreamworks did take notice. Though they did little to actually fix the product and wouldn't come clean that they released a defective product. So they suck even more for that.
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
This could be an anime acquisition for AS in '06.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:

That would be really awesome, but I imagine that Dreamworks/Go Fish Pictures would have the broadcast rights for now. Or I don't know, does anyone?
patch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:

I'd like to see the original Ghost in the Shell movie on [adult swim] first though.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Well Manga Ent. has the original movie, so I wouldn't rule it out.

They'd have to edit out quite a bit though.

But that would be something awesome if we could get a huge marathon on Ghost In Shell. Show movies 1 and 2 one night. Then another night show all 52 episodes of Stand Alone Complex! Smile That probably wouldn't be possible, but it would be awesome.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
TheVileOne wrote:
Well Manga Ent. has the original movie, so I wouldn't rule it out.

They'd have to edit out quite a bit though.

But that would be something awesome if we could get a huge marathon on Ghost In Shell. Show movies 1 and 2 one night. Then another night show all 52 episodes of Stand Alone Complex! :) That probably wouldn't be possible, but it would be awesome.

Considering marathons, movies, or any programming longer than 11 or 22 minutes really continues to be some of the lowest rated amongst Adult Swim's programming, I really, honestly doubt it.

Plus, the movies would be a Standards and Practices nightmare anyway, even at Cartoon Network's newly-adopted kinda-lenient-but-not-really TV-MA so, yeah.
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Traxan wrote:

Word has it that the English dub will be in foolscreen, not widescreen. Is this true? If so, then the dub is worthless.

Where did you hear that?
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Well they did a Bebop marthon before, so it wouldn't surprise me.

The second movie is PG-13 anyway. For the first one they'd just have to mute a thing here or there and do a few edits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3