• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya CD Sells Out

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen any girls do it yet. The boys seem to take to it readily, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOBT2immZ6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vgDkev9NVw

EDIT: Not fair. These are legitimate fan-performance clips. Sad
aluria

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the song is good but I didn't realize it was that good. I love the dance moves for it, especially the expression on Kyon's face as he dances. Although I as well, prefer the opening theme.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Haven't seen any girls do it yet. The boys seem to take to it readily, though:

http://www.[A place with a lot of stupid videos and a lot of pirated videos and not much else].com/watch?v=SOBT2immZ6Q
http://www.[A place with a lot of stupid videos and a lot of pirated videos and not much else].com/watch?v=0vgDkev9NVw

EDIT: Not fair. These are legitimate fan-performance clips. Sad

There are sites that sell legitimate merchandise alongside bootlegs too, and they get blocked.
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:51 am Reply with quote
Come on, let's dance! Come on, let's dance - bay-be~

Love that song. I hope it's on the B-side.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WEKS

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote
You know I can't see why it's so popular, I mean its certainly above average but nothing THAT special. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Pocky_aDDict

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:51 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
one3rd wrote:
From what I've heard, the dance moves for the ending are included with the single. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

*prays that there are SOME girls that'll dance to it*

Never again I'll click on that streaming video link everyone knows about that has that dance with all guys (or worse that one British guy that's been circulating)! Mad

Where are the Bokuen Deshou Deshou videos? I'm tired of seeing that scary guy figure skate.

If I see another Hare Hare Yukai music video, I'm going to go mad. Unless it:

1) is the official PV
2) has actual girls in it [or better yet, all girls Razz]... Well, there was one that had one girl [she was supposedly Asahina or Nagato], but all the other performers were crossdressing guys, so she didn't get much recognition. :/

Maybe I should gather my ace gang and perform one [genders in thier right places of course].

Heh, just wait until people start making parody videos of the Mikurun movie.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:39 am Reply with quote
i couldn't help and downloaded it. it's ok. not sure why it's so popular. the dance is cool thou
Lyrai

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:36 am Reply with quote
Wow. I pre-ordered this CD on the 6th from CDJapan, and was worried when the shipping changed to 4-6 weeks on the release day, then I get home and find out it shipped.

woo. I'll let you know if it does have dance steps with it.
JTtheBrick

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote
WEKS wrote:
You know I can't see why it's so popular, I mean its certainly above average but nothing THAT special. Confused

Same here, I'm beginning to think it's becoming some sort of an internet fad maybe?
Dejiko

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
*prays that there are SOME girls that'll dance to it*

No girls, but hey... everyone likes dancing gundams, right? Smile
j1m0ne
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote
OK, I'm at a loss for words now. The single's leapt up 16 spots on the daily charts up to no.2 (Link here if anyone's interested) Shocked Never underestimate otaku power, it seems.
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
Lyrai wrote:
Wow. I pre-ordered this CD on the 6th from CDJapan, and was worried when the shipping changed to 4-6 weeks on the release day, then I get home and find out it shipped.

woo. I'll let you know if it does have dance steps with it.

I preordered this single as well. Like you, my cd order has shipped today and I am curious to find out if the dance steps are included with the cd. I'm probably going to laugh if they are.

There is also another Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu single that is going to be released on the June 21. This single will have the song "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" on it. This is the hilarious song Mikuru sings at the beginning of that train wreck but funny student film from the very first episode. I will be pre-ordering this single as well. Not only just for Mikuru's ROTF perfomance, but also because I collect anime OST's and J-pop/J-Rock cd's and I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to a to series I like.

Beam Attack!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote
j1m0ne wrote:
OK, I'm at a loss for words now. The single's leapt up 16 spots on the daily charts up to no.2 (Link here if anyone's interested) Shocked Never underestimate otaku power, it seems.

Correction. Never underestimate Haruhi's will! Laughing

Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:
There is also another Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu single that is going to be released on the June 21. This single will have the song "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" on it. This is the hilarious song Mikuru sings at the beginning of that train wreck but funny student film from the very first episode. I will be pre-ordering this single as well. Not only just for Mikuru's ROTF perfomance, but also because I collect anime OST's and J-pop/J-Rock cd's and I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to a to series I like.

Anime dazed

That crappy ass song is going to be a single?!! Not that I'm surprised or anything. I wonder if it's going to use that remixed version some fan person made. Rolling Eyes
potassium

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
haruhiism is a truly terrifying disease that's sweeping the world.

i love it.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
Sigh...okay, it's a well written song, but how can anyone listen to those cute-ified voices for extended periods?

WEKS wrote:

Spotlesseden wrote:
i couldn't help and downloaded it. it's ok. not sure why it's so popular. the dance is cool thou

Okay.... seriously, I really, REALLY doubt it's the song that's really so popular...

....it's the dance. Totally. It's aaallllll the dance. If you do not know what I mean, you will have to find an episode of the series and watch it for yourself. And then, perhaps, you will understand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4